𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟰: 𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀

Eita paced around the room in sweat. Taku said he would make a move that night.

"Yeah SEMI, you won't be there to witness it."

Ever since the day that most people found out Taku wasn't all kindness, Eita was threatened over and over. Who was Taku's roommate again? Bless them.

There wasn't anything he could do. Once Taku says something, everyone and everything works to make it right.

Supposedly, in exactly three hours, Taku would be sending a close friend of the ash-blonde to the hospital.

But he had to add something else.

"OR MAYBE THEY MIGHT NEVER MAKE IT TO THE HOSPITAL!"

Anyone could've gone without that.

In panic, Eita quickly knelt down to look under his bed. He blindly let out his hands so it could touch something. Soon enough, his fingers felt a rusty surface. Trying not to shake, he pulled it out and opened it.

The letter was his stress-reliever.

Sometimes, it performed the opposite affect. Reading the letter might cause anguish and pain, but most of the time, it helps him make up his mind.

Misaki Ito...

Dear Taku, Misa's son.

The tall male told himself to keep reading.

Eita's eyes scanned over the note one last time and slid it back under his bed. He knew what to do now, at least.

A weird sensation washed over him as he opened up his drawers and took out some photos. Where would he go when things went wrong? Sometimes, everywhere was a trap, no way out. All Semi could ever dream of was to be friends with Misaki. She was smart and kind, and even if he didn't get to know her well enough, he knew things could have been better.

Suddenly, he started to beat himself up. Emotionally. 

I shouldn't wish that Misaki was alive for that reason. She should be my friend because of me, not because I need someone to be there for my sad times.

Even if those weren't the words he'd use to comfort others, when he was by himself, he let his guard down and negative thoughts seep through his happy barrier.

Taku bullied his sister to death.

Her life was horrible to the point that she realized death was an available option.

Eita got himself on the bed and squinted his eyes. Death wasn't an available option. It shouldn't have been.

Tears poured out. He didn't need to cry before, because all was fine. It wasn't. Thoughts were just washed away a times. 

"All was fine" doesn't define "knowing your future isn't going to be the same without someone."

Just two hours and a half. Someone would get hurt, and he wouldn't know who.

Why...

Why can I comfort others when I can't even help myself?

Maybe I can't help myself because I've never opened up so I receive comfort from others. Just maybe.

Outside, if you were just at the door, you could hear small muffles, like sad sounds. Little sobs, like people who haven't cried before would make. Short dejecting phrases, often focused around the topic of loss.

This was what #4 heard. What John heard.

He clenched his jacket ends and quietly sat down, listening to whatever else he had to say.