𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟵: 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗽

[瀬見 英太] Eita Semi

Kai was staying over at my room.

"What're you going to do tomorrow?" he asked.

"Tomorrow?"

"It's John's birthday." Oh, John. #4 on the volleyball team.

"Buy him gifts."

"Nothing special?"

I turned off my computer and shifted my chair to face him. "What's the team planning on doing?"

He laughed nervously. "I guess you know us too well. We're going to take him to the lake nearby."

As soon as he said that, I flipped open my computer and started typing again.

"What?"

"I'm not going to go, sorry."

"You can just sit on the bench."

I was typing and my finger hovered over return. It just stayed there because of what Kai said.

"Uh, Eita?"

Then I regained consciousness.

"You don't have to go, I suppose. If you resent that place. Buy a gift and give it to him when we return from the lake."

I grinned. "Sure."

Suddenly, there was a ding! heard from my phone.

"I'm going to check that. Pass me my phone."

Kai, without looking up from his National Geographic, passed me my phone.

I quickly opened the messages.

UNKNOWN: help

That didn't seem enthusiastic.

UNKNOWN: HELP! PLEASE OH MY GKCING OOGOD

I don't remember having anyone labelled as unknown.

UNKNOWN: EITA SEMI HELP TAKU[jo

If it was bait to get me kidnapped or something, be it. I needed to go to help someone. I replied quickly.

ME: I'm coming. Where?

Probably wouldn't reply. UNKNOWN seemed to have gone.

"Kai, come with me."

He looked up from his National Geographic, and I showed him the texts. He grunted in a sign of "preparing for awesome combat training."

We quickly strolled down the stairs. He suggested that he'd check outside while I check around, and I agreed. I was jogging, trying to keep the amount of sound I make low until I heard a loud yelp.

I quickly ran over and saw Taku beating up—

Shirabu?

When I had walked close enough, I tapped him on the shoulder. When he turned, I kicked him in the face. Based on experienced. If Taku ain't knocked out, he ain't goin' to back out.

I saw the phone that was skidding across the pavement, and I looked down at Shirabu. To any bystander, it'd look like I just beat up Taku and I was about to knock him out.

Even though my anger boiled to have him text me for help when he pushed me like I was nothing a few days ago, I gently rubbed his back. He was lying on the floor, and his cheeks and arms were bleeding a little.

"Kai?" I said through the phone. "Yep. Taku's waking up. I'm around the parking lot, steer clear of here and you're good."

When I hung up, I looked at Shirabu who looked at me with a hella lotta hate.

"Do you want to walk by yourself?" I asked because clearly, he doesn't want my help, even though he needs it.

He nodded and tried to get up but then collapsed immediately. He winced.

"You're friends with Chiya, right? I saw you with her at the café a few days ago," I murmured into his ear. He whimpered and nodded.

I quickly pulled out my phone and scrolled through my contacts.

ME: Chiya?

CHIYANE: Eita? Hey!

ME: You're friends with Kenjirō Shirabu?

CHIYANE: Uh-huh

ME: He just got hit by Taku. I'm bringing him to your place.

CHIYANE: OMG, WHAT??? DID YOU HELP HIM? IF YOU DIDN'T...

ME: I helped him. I'll be there soon.

CHIYANE: OMG EITAAAA UR AWESOME