𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟰: 𝘃𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗲𝘆𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹

Eita Semi decided to stay in his dorm room for the time being. His roommate was out, making it a lot easier to freely sigh a bunch of times at nothing.

He didn't want to sleep. He didn't want to eat. He didn't want to sit around and do nothing. He also didn't want to go out and talk with anyone.

He was in his second year of university. Woohoo? Not so much. Torture, more pain? Yeah, a lot.

Whenever Eita didn't feel like doing anything, volleyball just sprung into his mind. It's a bit like how you aren't hungry but eat anyway. Volleyball was what he did when there was nothing else. It never changed. People for never, volleyball forever. He laughed at his thought.

Even though some people were there at the court, it didn't matter. He asked some teammates to help him, in which some politely declined. He managed to gather up a few people.

It was a two on two. The number playing with Eita was #9, and the opposing team's numbers were #3 and #4.

They started by serving. #9 picked it up, but it went crooked because he didn't specialize in defence. Eita ran to the other side of the court and balled his hand into a fist to bounce the ball back, which he did successfully.

It went on like this for a while, and finally, #9 and Semi won.

"Semi! We need to leave," #3 called out. Semi smiled and waved goodbye before stuffing his water bottle into his bag.

"Eita, home together?" #3 asked. His name was Kai.

Semi nodded weakly before heading to the locker room to change.

The walk back to the dorms was silent until Kai decided to spark a conversation. "Say, you never mentioned your volleyball life in high school."

"I guess I didn't," Semi replied. "What do you wanna know?"

"You played setter, right?"

"Yeah. For the most part."

Kai nodded because he was familiar with the "for the most part."

"You played for Shiratorizawa?"

"Yeah."

"That's impressive, man."

Semi smiled at the memories, but they darkened when he remembered their loss to Karasuno. "Sure, but we still got beat."

"Yeah," Kai said, letting out a half-raspy voice as he straightened his back. "Who was the person that um...sorry I asked, but took your-"

Luckily, Semi was well at keeping his cool. "Kenjirō Shirabu."

"What was he like?" Kai asked, thinking Eita was warming up to the subject. He wasn't, but he decided it wasn't that bad to talk about it.

"Pretty rude.

"Sassy?"

"Oh, very much sassy."

Kai grinned, which was an indication to keep going.

"We were rivals, well that was obvious and could've been made out. I remember the first words we spoke to each other."

Tendou: SemiSemi! Meet Kenjirō Shirabu~

Semi looked at Shirabu.

Shirabu: Why the hell do I have to talk with you?

The ash-blonde scrunched his nose.

Semi: I didn't ask to, either.

"Wow," Kai muttered. "So, then on, you guys just didn't like each other?"

"I guess."

"Most of the hate came from him, right? I mean, you're an easy-going and nice guy."

Eita sighed. "Not really. It became equal in a few months." He suddenly stopped and pointed to a door.

"That's my dorm, oh my...so you remembered my number, but I didn't. How—"

"Nah, you were probably just not paying attention." Semi waved goodbye. The second wave that day.

Kind of like how he waved bye twice on September 1st, twelve years ago, and never received a wave of hello again from them.

"Stupid shitty stream," he mumbled under his breath.