𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟳: 𝗯𝗶𝗿𝗱

[白布 賢二郎] Kenjirō Shirabu

Lately, and I mean in the past two days, life has been sucky with a capital s.

Taku was slamming me with my neck on the walls, and Chiya would be watching and would come over to help me. Whenever I tell her to tell the teacher, she would bite her bottom lip and shake her head reluctantly and continue healing me like she wanted to but couldn't.

I once asked Taku why he did it, and he's all like bEcAuSE yOu'RE fROm ShiRaTORiZAWa.

Like excuse you, I have stuff to do.

Over time, I saw him tell others why he was hurting them. It was all because they were from some school.

People from other schools are let down easily.

So I'm from Shiratorizawa.

And so is fucking Semi.

Why the hell am I the one between us getting the abuse or sum'? Was Semi his goddamn bestie or something?

I tched. So Eita Semi was a bully. The volleyball team last year knew about my bullying crisis in middle school, and now he saw me, he's going to continue or what?

Luckily, I didn't see him these past days.

He seems pretty popular.

Anyways, it was daytime. Most of the people at the university were just chilling outside. I was too, with Chiya.

I didn't tell her about the Semi and I thing. Why would I even need to? It wasn't that important.

Chiya didn't get beat up or anything, so that was good.

She was coming back from the washroom. It was the coffee place we went to that other day.

We were talking about her classes.

Until she spotted Taku.

Of course, she needed to leave immediately. We agreed that whenever Taku was near me, she'd leave so he wouldn't know that she hung out with me.

So Chiya was about to leave until she also spotted Semi. She sighed in relief and just slumped back in her chair.

Oh, so she also liked Semi.

Wait.

"Aren't you asexual?" I asked out loud.

She raised her eyebrows. "What makes you think I'm not?"

"You stared at the grey dude like he was your life. Isn't he popular?"

Chiya merely stared at me in confusion.

Taku still didn't see us.

Then, Chiya and I saw something super

Um

Weird.

I was about to ask Chiya why she looked like a clueless doofus until I heard Semi's voice.

"GUYS! BIRD!"

Chiya's eyes raised as she saw Semi look at me and then have a look of fear on his face. Then her eyes widened when she heard him make an excuse and push them out before they could see us.

"You know him?!" Chiya practically screeched. She looked so surprised, even more confused, with a hint of excitement.

Okay, she was not asexual.

"Um, yes."

"SH-"

I put my index finger on my lips. Taku wasn't out of the blue and probably would come back to check who's shouting.

"Shirabu," she said 'calmly,' although it wasn't calm, more like threatening.

I slowly bobbed my head up and down for her to continue.

"You shoulda told me you were friends with SEMI?!"

"You shoulda told me you weren't asexual."

"What?"

"You're not only looking at him like he's your world but speaking like he is."

She looked at me with that famous "are you serious" face of hers. "First, you're friends with him?"

"No."

"Then why the heck did he protect you from him? Like, he knew if he just stayed, it wouldn't happen, but why?"

It was my turn to be a confused bee. "Wut?"

"Are you friends?" Welp, that sounded more like a demand at this point.

"NO. We were just on the same volleyball team."

"OKAY! BUT HE CARED ENOUGH FOR YOU TO SHOVE TAKU AWAY?!"

"How does he know Taku does whatever he does to me?"

She finally settled down. "Because Taku tried to hurt him, too."

I was boiling now. "And why didn't he?"

Chiya looked at me with a disapproving stare. "You sound like you wanted him to get hurt."

"I do."

"WHY?"

"We hate each other, duh?"

"Oh mah GAWD! He wouldn't protect someone he hates. Oh, wait, nevermind, he would. IT SURE DIDN'T LOOK LIKE IT, THOUGH. TELL ME!"

I wanted to smack the living hell out of her. "Sheesh. He hates me and I hate him, now please tell me why Taku didn't hurt him."

"Because Eita stopped him."

...

"What?"

"He did. Taku doesn't hurt him now. He hits no one when he's near."

"Then why wouldn't he hit me?" Last night?

It was her turn to look confused again. "Because Eita isn't involved with violence?"

"Oh, sorry, weird thought."

"Why would you have that thought?" Suddenly her eyes flared. "Did he hit you in middle school? Did he hurt you?"

"No..."

"Oh." The flame died down a little. "Don't be afraid to tell me."

I scratched my neck. "I was actually...um, the one that was rude to him."