chapter fifteen

y o u f l i r t a s r o m a n t i c a l l y a s a g o a t h u m p i n g a s he e p

________________________________________________________________________________

Picture: Nova

dedicated to @mrsmarieobrien for understanding the struggles of sitting next to a cute boy

dedication to my fave comment xoxo

________________________________________________________________________________

I stared up at my ceiling, observing each and every star and constellation with admiration filled in my eyes. The dark blue cloudy backgrounds with white flecks of paint on my ceiling were a result of many sleepless nights with my father, just painting. We had made sure to put a few constellations up on there-mainly my favourites, The Big Dipper, Orion and Lyra.

A part of why I love Lyra is probably because it is also a My Little Pony figure, but I would never admit that to someone.

My father was the one person who showed me the stars-he is an astronomer after all. Ever since my father had started pointing them out for me, I was fascinated, always have been.

Realising that if I didn't get ready now, I would be late for dinner at Tyler's, I got up from my soft, warm bed. The heat escaped my body, leaving me slightly exposed in my tank top and shorts. It was nearly five o'clock, so the sun was nearly setting and it was starting to get cooler by the minute. I decided to take a shower even though I had one after volleyball practise.

I pulled my thin light blue skinny jeans out of my open jeans draw in my bureau, and plucked out a loose black and white striped shirt. I took a quick shower, making sure not to get my hair wet as I'd already washed it this morning. Once I finished getting dressed and taming my disloyal curly brown hair, I chucked on a pair of all black Vans.

Yes, I'm not wearing Converse.

Yes, I'm slightly insane. But, Converse just won't go with what I'm wearing, so Vans it is.

I trotted down the stairs lightly after tucking my phone into my pocket, a slight bounce in my step.

I'm having dinner with Tyler's parents, wow aren't we just progressing?

Next thing you know I'm harbouring his baby-in nicer terms, pregnant-like a guy trying to keep his innocence while having a shower in jail.

"Austin," I called out to brother dearest who decided he was going to ignore me while playing Call of Duty downstairs in the living room. "Say hi to Rex and Henry for me, I'm going for dinner at Tyler's."

Austin doesn't look up from his somewhat intensive game, "Have fun, remember to tell Tyler to cover his stump before he humps."

Ugh.

I rolled my eyes, shutting the front door after I walked out. My mother and father are nowhere to be seen, as per usual. Dad is working-or should I say pleasing his boss-while my mom is god-knows-where doing god-knows-what without telling me. Heck, my mom is only mom-ish when it comes to being protective of me getting drunk at parties. I can talk to her about anything, but truth is that she is probably just answering monotonously while spending more time infatuated with her nothing but boring paper work. Feeling the love.

I look the right at Nate's house, where Emily and he are sitting on the front porch together. They're on his swing, just sitting and talking while eating-what looks like it-red vines and drinking milkshakes.

Emily had told me everything about her and Nate's date. It was the cutest thing I'd ever heard my best friend do. Heck, I didn't even think he was capable of such romanticism. He'd picked her up with one of Emily's favourite flowers-a white lily-and then took her ice skating, which sounded perfect since it was so hot.