HER GIFT TO HIM

NARRATOR'S POV
Three Days Later
There Draco lays. On his bed thinking about the hurtful things he told the one girl he loves.
He didn't hate her, he couldn't. He knew there was no other love for him, it was her or no one.
He knew because over the years he had girlfriends or random hookups, yet his mind was only filled with her. When she told him that she actually did love her, his heart shattered. He was so hurt because he doubted her and placed all his anger on her past responses.

He missed when she made conversation with him in the middle of the night because she couldn't sleep. Her voice was music to his ears. He missed her soft giggles and her holding his hand because she was anxious. Her touch was so warm and comforting. Oh what he would do to be holding her right now.

Sydney lays in Luna's arms at night. Luna had no problem at all with comforting her. Sydney doesn't speak, or move or cry, she just lays the arms of her best friend thinking. Wondering.
Wondering why Draco loves her or would even think for a second about ending his life to stop her from joining the death eaters. She wondered if she loved him back. Of course she loved him, how could she not? He was beautiful and funny and kind. But he was also powerful and confident and ambitious.

The way he touched her make her body feel so alive. His cold hands gave her goosebumps and his eyes were mesmerizing. His pale skin and blonde hair made him look so, angelic.

She wished she could kiss him this second. Say sorry and that she should've treated him better but it was so hard already. Oh what she would do to just be in his arms right now.

Luna picks pieces of Sydney's hair and softly moves them around, making Syd feel tired.
Her eyes slowly flutter and she falls asleep.

The past days had all gone the same. Blaise and Luna talked to the other two of them but Draco and Sydney made no interaction. They ate and slept. Sometimes they would watch something together but they both avoided any contact.
Although they both hated such a quiet and miserable situation, they didn't know how much they longed each other so, they stood quiet.

—-
The next morning they all got up and walked into the kitchen. Silence. Although they planned on committing a crime with each other only in a few days, they needed to process what happened three days ago and think of ideas.
They'd bump into each other while trying to get something from the fridge or onto the stove at the same time. Luna giggles as Blaise accidentally trips over her and Sydney smiles.

When Sydney would bump into Draco, she didn't make eye contact and instead simply said,

" sorry." And moved away.

Draco was desperate for her to talk to him. He regrets what he told her and wanted to apologize but little did he know, she was more upset with herself than him.

They made breakfast and sat down at a small table in the hotel room. Luna sat next to Sydney and Blaise sat next to Draco.

" Okay what is going on between you too?" Blaise questions Sydney and Draco, annoyed with the fact that they weren't talking.

" What are you talking about?" Draco responds and pokes at his food.

" You two haven't spoken or looked at each other in four days. What's up with that" Blaise claims.

" I don't know what you're talking about." Draco responds to Blaise and Sydney glares at him.

Although Sydney felt sorry, she was also angry. Angry at him for blaming it all on her and acted as if he was the only one who put so much on the line. The pettiness in her didn't allow herself to apologize or even speak to him for that matter.

" Okay then...SYD?"

Her eyes look up at him but she doesn't move her head.

" What Blaise." She says exhausted.