chapter 5

DRACO'S POV/ THOUGHTS
I'm replaying everything in my head. Her telling us to wait outside. Her running to us and telling us to run. Us running with her. Her smiling at us.

Why did she do it?

Was it just for fun or was there a bigger reason she would want to take from the store. She was being reckless but I couldn't deny, I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the feeling of excitement with her. This was a stupid idea. But who says it couldn't be fun.

Thoughts shift in my head and stop at her. I loved her. Of course I did, she was my best friend. She was funny and smart but dumb. This feeling of warmness with her. Some times I think that maybe I'm in love with her. She was beautiful. Long-ish dark brown hair. Nice cold eyes. Rose lips. Her smile. She wasn't short but not as tall as me. She was never ugly. She never needed to try. She was always beautiful. Since 1st year.

It makes me mad that I think of her this way. Why I like her. Everything about her. I can't spend a day with her, doing anything without admiring her beauty. Times when I would get the urge to kiss her. To touch her. To call her mine and mine only. We were friends. Friends aren't supposed to feel this way. She probably didn't even feel the same.

She's had a few boyfriends. Ones who were smart, or stupid, or sweet, or cruel. One who would make her come to the dorm blushing. Smiling. Telling her other friends how much she loved him. He would bring her flowers and chocolates. But it ended. Pathetic. One who would make her come crying. Makeup rushing down her face. Wouldn't even explain but the way she looked standing next to him told you everything. He would yell or leave her alone on days when she needed someone the most. Gave her gifts as an apology to his shitty actions. And she loved him. Pathetic.

I've had my fair share of girls to distract myself. But each time I did something with them I always imagined it being her. Her warm hands touching my cold skin. Her lips kissing mine. The times I imagined her moaning my name. But when I open my eyes it isn't her. Just another girl. The guilt I felt around her.

The worst part about these feelings was the thought of Blaise feeling them too. Or him maybe being able to get to her easier than me.
Sometimes the way he looks at her or laughs at her stupid jokes and she would give a warm smile back. It made me angry.

It was dumb. We'd been friends for years. The feeling started in 3rd year and stuck with me. The one person I wasn't supposed to want. I did and I wanted her to want me.

I snap out out my thoughts. Still in the living room. Sydney went to bed but me and Blaise were still up. I look over at him. He seems to be in deep thought. I get up and head to my bedroom. I couldn't stand to think about it again. Just go to sleep.

BLAISE'S POV/ THOUGHTS
I knew she was going to do something like this. It was funny. She seemed so confident about it but I knew it would slowly fade because she was to shy to ask for a fucking ketchup packet at a restaurant.

I didn't understand how a person looked good doing anything. There was nothing wrong with her. Sure she could be annoying and we have gotten in fights but she was still what I wanted. Maybe she wanted me.

She was my friend. My good friend. But I always made sure to show her otherwise. We knew each other long enough, so why not do this now. Giving her looks as she talks to me. Laughing at her dumb jokes.

She was pretty. Her rosy cheeks. Her eyes. Her body.

I had a girlfriend once. Her name was Maya. She was pretty. Curly hair and nice voice. I forgot about how I felt with Sydney. She was just a crush. A childhood crush. But then I saw how her and Draco got closer and I wanted her to want me. Not him. Maya started to notice how I was more close with her and felt upset. I didn't want to care because I wanted my girlfriend. I did right? I continued to be with Maya but we started arguing more and more. She told me to pick. I pick Syd.
She left me.

Remembering my girlfriend made me upset with myself. She deserved better than me but I couldn't help my feelings for Syd.

I saw that Draco liked her. I knew he did. He always admired her. He continued to distract himself with other girls as did I. But maybe he didn't deserve Sydney. He was cold sometimes and the people his family deals with, who knows if he was one too. He was my best friend of course but I wanted her. I had a better chance. But what if I didn't . What if she falls for him or none of us. Fuck.

When will she realize how in love with her we are.