☆Chapter TwentyFour☆

Chapter TwentyFour
Canadian Thanksgiving

Monday, October 12th, 2020
Narrators POV

"Happy Thanksgiving, loser!" Finn yelled as he slammed open the door to Stella's room. Finn had finished filming for Stranger Things almost a week ago and Stella had flown back to Vancouver for Thanksgiving.

"You could've approached a quieter awakening." Stella responded in a groggy voice. She looked at Finn and saw he was holding a box. "What's that?"

"Oh, this is for you, from Noah. Mom told me to give it to you." Finn gave the box to Stella before sitting down. Stella immediately peeled off the tape and opened the box.

"It's Noah's merch!" Stella said with a wide smile spread on her face.

"Wait I thought that hadn't came out yet." Finn said confused.

"It hasn't. He gave me some of the ones the company sent him." Stella said pulling out a blue and white tie dye hoodie. "I'm in love!"

"With Noah or the hoodie?" Finn teased as Stella rolled her eyes and pulled out the matching sweat pants. Next she pulled out a black t-shirt (that noah had specifically got oversized) that said 'offline' on the front. "Oh, because you need more oversized shirts."

"You're such an ass." Stella laughed, playfully punching Finn's arm.

"At least I'm the attractive sibling." Finn shot back.

"Finn, there can only be one attractive sibling and that's Brylea." Stella smirked before standing up from her bed.

"On a serious note, get ready then come down stairs. Mom wants you to start on the mac and cheese, while she and brylea make green beans and sweet carrots. I'll be making pumpkin pie." Finn smirked with his last statement.

"You? Making pumpkin pie?" Stella laughed in disbelief.

"No, I'm going to the store. Need anything?" Finn asked as he walked to Stella bedroom door.

"No, now leave you peasant." And with that, Finn shut her door and ran outside to his car.

"Is it done?" Mary asked Stella as she strained the noodles for mac and cheese.

"Yeah, all I have to do is add cheese and milk." Stella smiled. Soon, they heard the door open and Finn walked in with groceries in his hands.

"Brylea, come help." Finn said, nodding his head towards the door. Brylea nodded and walked back outside with Finn after he had sat the first load down. Stella had added the cheese and milk as Brylea helped Finn finish carrying in groceries.

"Mom," Stella said turning around. "It's done."

"Good. Have you taken your medicine yet?" Mary asked, putting up the groceries.

"No, I ran out yesterday. Remember?" Stella answered.

"Stella! Why didn't you tell me?" Her mom groaned.

"I thought I did!" Stella defended. "It's hard to remember things because I get distracted."

"I know, but you have to try. I'm sure Finn could help you remember." Mary said as Finn walked in the room.

"Remember what?" Finn asked.

"Help Stella remember things." Their mother said, adding a quiet laugh at the end of her sentence.

"You're serious?" Finn said in disbelief. Mary nodded as Stella and Finn both looked at each other confused. "Mom, when we're together it's because we're both not filming something. All other times we're either both filming or doing something that has to do with our careers."

"Fine. Just go finish getting ready. We have to leave for Aunt Dina's in 20."

"Stella! Finn! You've both grown so much!" Their grandmother exclaimed as they walked in the door.

"Nana! How are you?" Stella asked, hugging the lady.

"I'm good, baby. How are you?" Nana asked, pulling away from the hug and admiring how much Stella had grown since they had saw each other.

"I'm good. Thank you." Stella politely smiled.

"Sissy!" A squeal was heard from a girl turning the corner. Stella's favorite cousin.

"Booger!!" Stella smiled as a 6 year old ran to her. All of Stella and Finn's cousins were younger than them, so, they made a way with the family they had.

"Mommy told me you have a boyfriend." The little girl giggled as she hugged her older cousin.

"Shhhh! Don't say it to loud, Harley. Papaw might hear you." Stella giggled back.

"Hey! There's my Stella Rose!" Stella's papaw smiled as he walked out of the kitchen. "Finn was just telling me about this boyfriend of yours."

"Finn!" Stella exclaimed, her face turning all different shades of red. Finn shrugged with a smirk before walking back into the kitchen.

"I better get to meet him soon." Her papaw said making her giggle.

"Mommy said she saw a picture of them kissing, Papaw." Harley smiled, sheepishly.

"Harley!" Stella said in shock as she felt her phone starting to buzz in her pocket. "Speaking of my boyfriend."

"Answer it. I wanna saw hi." Papaw said as he looked at the FaceTime popping up on Stella's phone.

"I wanna say hi, too." Harley said standing on her tiptoes to try and look at Stella's phone. Stella laughed and answered, now sitting on her knees so Harley could see. "He's handsome."

"Hey- who's that?" Noah smiled as he saw Harley peeking onto the camera.

"Harley. It's my little booger." Stella smiled. Before either of them could say another thing the phone was taken by Stella's papaw.

"So this is the famous boyfriend of Stella's."

"Hi, I'm Noah." Stella heard him say.

"Papaw! You don't just take things from people!" Stella laughed, yet again.

"Well, I'm James, Stella's papaw. Just wanted to say hi." The older man smiled before handing back Stella's phone.

"Sorry for bothering. I just wanted to say Happy Canadian Thanksgiving." Noah smiled as he saw Stella's face again.

"It's ok, No. I'll call you when I get home. I love you." Stella smiled back.

"I love you too, Ella." Noah smiled back before hanging up. Ella was a nickname that Noah had given her about a week prior.

"Ok everyone! It's time to eat!" Stella's aunt called from the kitchen.

Just another Canadian Thanksgiving.

a/n: filler chapter!!
i'm soooooo sorry for not updating. i've been caught up with school and trying to keep my mental health decent. i hope everyone is doing well. drink water and stay healthy luv<3