Chapter 29: Peace Talks & Incident

3rd Pov:

Izuku woke up the next day with Leon by his side. Izuku sat in bed with Leon and for some reason felt today was going to be his... well Izuku decided to wake his lover up by pushing him out of bed. Within seconds, Leon was up and on top of Izuku who tried to flee but got caught too quickly. "Using your knights from your quirk is cheating..." Izuku complained. Leon just smirked and whispered into Izuku's ears. "Now now now. I know you are feisty but don't worry... I will deliver punishment soon enough. Don't forget our wedding is approaching." Leon said into Izuku's ears and he just moaned. Izuku was really wanting the wedding to happen already but peace calls and all!

Izuku and Leon got changed quickly and went and had breakfast with his parents. They were not going to be involved in these discussions since Izuku is the one leading them. They would let him run with it and see how it goes unless something requires their involvement. As breakfast finished, Izuku and Leon got their documents and everything together and studied anything that was last minute. The Royal Guards that were assigned to watch the commission officials reported back that they were up late communicating with someone back in Japan but otherwise made no movements to do anything. They were also unable to hear what the call was about without giving their positions away. They did do a background check on the commission officials and found nothing that stood out. They did find their quirks out. One official quirk allowed him to create a pulse that interfered with electronics and the other allowed him to copy quirks temporarily for 10 minutes before it dissipated and it required far more energy than the original quirk. As such, nothing concerning but for some reason, Izuku had a bad feeling so he just warned the guards to be on the alert inside the room. 

After a bit more talking between Izuku and Leon, it was now time for the meeting between the delegations to start. Izuku had the delegations enter the room first before his presence was announced. As he entered, he waved them off from standing up and saluting. "Welcome everyone. Today we are gathered with the aim of reaching some conclusion to bring about peace sooner instead of letting the civil war draw out. Each side has made it clear that they are open to negotiations on this matter. The issue lays with finding a middle ground between the two sides that will allow everyone to agree on it." Prince Izuku stated as he sat down. Everyone nodded their heads but the commission officials were clearly not happy. Izuku could understand though since the commission would be abolished after this. 

The reporters on the side of the room were taking pictures the entire time and tweeting out reports on the meeting

The reporters on the side of the room were taking pictures the entire time and tweeting out reports on the meeting. Izuku only spared them a glance as the meeting started. Overall, the meeting was making good progress but the commission officials were being difficult and Izuku knew they had some control of the government officials which was troublesome for this entire peace talk. Even the Paranormal Liberation Front delegation was getting tired of them. Tenko decided to ask the ambassador a question about them. "Ambassador, I must inquire why they are here when they will be abolished at the end of this regardless. Do they represent the old government's will since the only thing they have been trying to push for is some form of heroes to stay around which will not happen. We are already replacing heroes with the Dragon Unit which is already starting to show results?" Tenko asked. The commission officials scoffed at the statement of them being abolished. They even suggested that there needs to be some form of oversight on the dragon unit and the commission could be adopted to look over it. Tenko quickly rejected the idea since the commission was corrupted and they already had oversight committees.