Chapter 12: Exploring The City & Undercovering Hidden Corruption & Date!?

3rd Pov:

The first semester of Izuku's second year had come to an end and now it was time for the winter break. Izuku though didn't want to spend it just staying in the Royal Palace. Instead, he decided he wanted to explore the Capital City and see the sights and meet the people in person before his identity got out to the public. He wanted true answers to what people thought of the Royal Family and how they thought the empire could be improved or what could be changed for the better. As such, Izuku put on his normal clothing and took some small notepads and a small video recorder, and decided to explore the city. The fireteam of Royal Guards got themselves prepared as well and had gear that they could hide behind their street clothing since they couldn't go out in Royal Guard uniforms. 

After about an hour of preparation, Izuku and his guards were ready. They took one of the cars that were unmarked and drove into the cities. After about 15 minutes of driving, they pulled around an empty area and parked. They were near a large park near a portion of the city that had a lot of businesses in it and people mainly walked around this area or took public transportation. 

The royal guards kept a large distance from Izuku but kept him within their sights and within a distance of a quick run

The royal guards kept a large distance from Izuku but kept him within their sights and within a distance of a quick run. As such, Izuku was allowed to move around by himself for the most part. Izuku observed how people were operating and how law enforcement was interacting with people. They stopped and talked with people and engaged in normal conversations and no one seemed afraid to interact with them or fearful of being discriminated against as Izuku watched people with all different types of quirks interact with each other or the police. 

Izuku was happy with what he was seeing. He decided to go up to some people and talk to them. Some were confused about why he was asking these questions but answered. So far, Izuku never received anything really negative about the Royal Family or the empire. Some complained that some fines were too high for some laws that they broke in the past but overall they didn't have large dissatisfaction against the current direction of the empire. This contained on for roughly an hour before he heard a voice call out to him. "Izuku! Didn't think I would see you here." stated the voice. Izuku saw that it was Leon that called out for him.

Izuku blushed when he saw Leon since they have gotten really close over the recent few months and he was sure that Leon has been flirting with him over the past months as well and was starting to get his hopes up since Izuku did have a crush on him

Izuku blushed when he saw Leon since they have gotten really close over the recent few months and he was sure that Leon has been flirting with him over the past months as well and was starting to get his hopes up since Izuku did have a crush on him. Leon and Izuku have been hanging out with Lance and the other empire guards at lunch during school. Lance has made some jokes that Izuku and Leon would make a good match but Izuku always hit him in the side since he would blush really hard due to the jokes.