Chapter 17: Delegations Departure & Preperations

3rd Pov:

Time passed forward and it was nearing the time for the UA students and heroes to depart from Japan to the Westwind Empire. As it stands, most of them have spent a serious amount of time on the front lines which they have slowly been losing due to the sheer number of opposition. They were able to pull more forces in by bringing in their military which had grown weaker over the years due to no conflicts and the rise of heroes. The military was also still the Japanese Self Defense Force which was meant to deal with external threats and not internal ones that heroes were meant to deal with. As such, the overall military wasn't funded nor had a lot of men that they could provide since it was bare-bones due to no external conflicts in the world. The fact that there were no external conflicts was due to the presence of the Westwin empire which kept everyone in line due to their military power and influence as such no one purposely started any wars for the past two hundred years and everything has been heroes and villains since then, for the most part, expect localized combat situations that the empire generally dealt with. 

As such, the current makeup of the war map looked like the following;

The Paranormal Liberation Front had made quite a bit of progress during the past few months but stalled when Japan brought the military in after they gained far more land than the government and heroes thought possible for them

The Paranormal Liberation Front had made quite a bit of progress during the past few months but stalled when Japan brought the military in after they gained far more land than the government and heroes thought possible for them. The government had planned that this war would have ended quickly but the Paranormal Liberation Front was holding on strong and was doing good until the military stepped in and stalled their advance. However, as long as the empire doesn't join then the Paranormal Liberation Front could win in the end at the current rate if the standstill breaks. The 3-A students didn't know what to think about that when that thought came into their minds. The fact that the villains they have been dealing with since their first-year was having a good chance at taking the country over and ruling it. 

Though that is where the problem lies... the heroes and government were still viewing this as a villain organization like all others that could be snuffed out. However, this was a civil war in the eyes of the Paranormal Liberation Front and the people that have been joining them. Citizens that were in their controlled land feared them for a short period but soon saw that nothing really changed except different laws. They still had government officials that they voted in and in some cases, the local government officials had more voice in the bigger government that the Paranormal Liberation Front had setup. This caused confusion amongst the citizens since they expected bloody rulership but wasn't met with it. Criminals and other 'villains' were dealt with by the Paranormal Liberation Front as they empowered the police to take more actions and for the police to use their quirks to catch criminals when they broke the laws. Even citizens were encouraged to use their quirks in their daily life more if it was safe to do so or stop criminals if they felt comfortable doing so. Though there have been some accidents due to this went made the Paranormal Liberation Front reconsider how to go about this public quirk use but was hitting roadblocks on ideas.

Though the Japanese government and heroes didn't know any of this since they were so focused on suppressing the villains and stopping their advance that they didn't have time to gather information on the internal workings of the Paranormal Liberation Front controlled lands. While the government and heroes were preparing for their trip and getting their last-minute things ready to leave that day, the Paranormal Liberation Front delegation team was preparing their last-minute details as well.