Chapter Nine

After listening to the recording, Izuku told Mineta 'goodnight' and went back to his own dorm. There, he broke down and began to cry. Gripping his blanket in his cold, pale fingers, he let out a few shaky breaths. Is that how he really thinks of me?

His eyes became blurry as his tears began to seep through their floodgates. "Stupid, stupid, " he repeated multiple times. Izuku couldn't help but think of how much he cared for Katsuki, even if he was a self-centered asshole. He was stupid for thinking he meant anything to the blonde.

Without thinking, Izuku let out a scream. It was mostly muffled by his pillow, but a few nearby classmates were woken up. "Midoriya?" Kirishima said, knocking lightly on his door. Izuku sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Come in, " he said, awaiting his presence.

Kirishima padded into the room and shut the door behind him. "What's wrong?" he asked, making note of Izuku's tear-stained face. The smaller boy doesn't reply. Instead, he laid back on his pillow and covered his face. "You can talk to me, Midoriya," Kirishima said, sitting at Izuku's feet on the bed.

"I thought Kaachan and I were closer than we are," he whispered through choked breaths. "I saw the video from the party." Kirishima was confused, and his face showed it. "What video?" he asked. Izuku looked up with a bit of a surprised look on his face. "You were there, weren't you? When they played truth or dare." Izuku asked, uncovering his face and eyeing the redheaded male.

"I was at the nurse's office with you all night, Midoriya," Kirishima said, still confused. "What was in the video?" Izuku sucked in a deep breath and wiped some snot from his nose. "Somebody asked Kaachan if he had a crush on me and he said no and called me a useless piece of shit," he said, beginning to cry harder. "I thought we were equals!"

Kirishima let out a shaky breath and leaned forward, beginning to snake his arms around Izuku's tors. "I'm here for you, Midoriya," he whispered. Izuku let himself be cradled and eventually dug his nose into Kirishima's hoodie. "Izuku." the smaller boy said. "What?" "You can call me Izuku." He whispered.

The two boys sat in this position for well over five minutes before finally letting go of each other. "You need to get some rest, Izuku," Kirishima said. Izuku nodded and covered up with his blanket. "Thank you, Kiri." He said before the other walked out of the room. "Don't mention it," Kirishima said. He then left and went to his own room.

From there the days got longer and the nights got shorter. Izuku was struggling to finish his schoolwork, but Kirishima was there to help.

Katsuki was getting more addicted to alcohol and his fighting abilities were weakening. It was only days before he would get suspended.

"We're under attack!" A pro shouted from the hallways of the school. Everyone jumped from their seats and began to look through the windows for their enemies, shocked to see hundreds of nomu and multiple villains behind them. "Holy shit." was the only response muttered throughout the room. They were dead.

"Get everyone through the safe exits!" Aizawa shouted at Iida and Momo. They immediately jumped to action and guided the other students through the halls and into the underground tunnels that lead to a nearby facility in the woods. There, they were safe.

For now.