Chapter Six

"Hey, Izuku," Inko said as her son entered her cozy home. He approached her with open arms and laid his head in the crook of her neck. "I tried, mom, I did," he whispered through choked breaths. His tears dripped from his chin to her apron and soaked her shirt underneath. "It's okay, Izuku. He chose his own path and you couldn't have stopped that." Inko assured while she rubbed his back.

When they were done hugging, Izuku went to his room and decided that training was his best option. He pulled out his notebook that had multiple tactics and notes written down about his quirk. "If I can just get past 20 percent" he whispered.

"I'm going to train!" Izuku said enthusiastically as he left his home. He ran towards the beach and began to train, powering his quirk and speeding through exercises. "I'll surpass you, All Might." he said, feeling his body get tired. He pushed through the pain and kept training until he couldn't take anymore and collapse on the warm sand.

He felt at peace.

"Midoriya?" a curious voice called. Izuku watched as Kirishima's faced peaked into his view. "Hey, Kirishima." He said, leaning up. "What are you doing out here?" the redhead smiled and pointed to the water beyond their feet. "I came to swim, but I saw you training and wanted to join," he said excitedly. "But I guess that's out of the picture because you're exhausted." Izuku nodded and agreed with him. "Too tired, Kiri," he said before laying back in the sand.

"Mind if I join you then?" Kirishima asked, beginning to lay in the sand with him. "Not at all," Izuku said, feeling the redhead's presence beside him. It was a nice feeling- having someone that close. He hadn't been close to a friend in a long time so it felt nice. Uraraka was a friend of his, but they weren't super close. They just talked sometimes and studied together, but didn't talk about their personal lives.

"Hey, Izuku?" Kirishima started. "Can I ask you a weird question?" Izuku hummed in response and waited for the 'weird' question. "How do I tell if I like a guy or just like being friends?" Kirishima asked. Izuku wandered his mind for an answer and finally came up with one. "Well, I suppose you want them to be happy. You want them to succeed and you want them to be healthy. You'll be worried about their well-being." Izuku stated. "Do you have a crush on a guy?"

Kirishima rolled onto his side to face Izuku and the smaller boy did the same. "Yeah, but it's kind of embarrassing," he said. "I think I might have a crush on you." Izuku's cheeks grew red and he began to think about his feelings for Kiri. "I-" "You don't have to say anything, Midoriya. Let's just enjoy the moment." Kirishima said. Izuku saw the glisten in his eyes as he turned on his back again to look at the night sky. "Let's just enjoy the moment," he repeated in a peaceful state with his eyes closed.

Soon, Izuku's eyes began to shut too and they were too heavy to open again.

"Midoriya, we're going to be late for school!" Kirishima said, shaking the smaller boy underneath him. They had fallen asleep on the beach and woke up snuggled with sand covering them. Izuku began to freak out and checked his phone, finding multiple missed calls. "Mom!" Izuku said, calling her back. "Hey, sweetie." she said calmly. "I fell asleep-" "I know, honey. Come get dressed and bring your friend." with that, she hung up.

"Mom wants you to come home with me." Izuku said, blushing from seeing the marks that littered Kirishima's chest. It was an outline of his own arm and chest where he had cuddled on him for warmth. "We can get an extra uniform from Mitsuki's house," Izuku said, beginning to pull Kirishima behind him.

They arrived back at his house within minutes and got ready for school, then ate breakfast. "I was worried about you, Izuku," Inko said, placing a bowl of cereal in front of both boys. "But I found you two cuddled up on the beach and I didn't want to wake you." Izuku blushed and began to eat his cereal. Kirishima did the same until they were ready to leave.

"Thank you, Mrs. Midoriya," Kirishima said, bowing in front of the small woman. "Call me Inko, dear," she said as she waved to the boys. "We've got to run," Izuku said, picking up his pace. They would still be late by a few minutes, but if they didn't run they'd be a lot later.