Chapter Four

"No, I don't fucking like Deku." Katsuki hissed. "Why would I like that useless piece of shit?" His words were like venom; they rolled off his tongue in a twisted way and they stung the ears of anyone close enough to hear them. "That was low, Bakugou," Mineta said, ending his video recording. Nobody knew he had recorded it, so they had no chance to stop him from showing Izuku. "Yeah, I think it's time to stop playing," Kaminari stated. He didn't want to stop playing, but he knew the rivalry between Izuku and Katsuki was far deeper than what the other students thought; it was personal. One of them did something to the other that they couldn't take back.

"Are you drunk, Katsuki?" Mitsuki asked through the phone. From his groggy words she already knew the answer. "Don't you ever come back, you hear?" Katsuki was hurt. "You made a promise and you broke it. You said you would never drink again because you hurt everyone around you- including your best friend!" She cried out. "You aren't my son and I don't ever want to see you again."

Katsuki began to break down in tears as he realized what he had done. These past few years were going fine- all except for the loss of his closest friend- and now they meant nothing. He broke a promise and he would feel the consequences.

"You're not fine, Kaachan. Stop acting like you are!"

"I am fine! The only thing that is keeping me fine is this damn alcohol. If you can't help me then it will."

"You think that I'm not helping you? I have been piecing you back together for years and you think I'm not helping you? I have dealt with this abuse for too long, Katsuki. If you want to continue drinking and break that damn promise, so be it! I'm not going to stand here and watch you destroy your body."

And that's where it all ended. Katsuki broke a promise he had made. That promise was to not become the man that his father was: an abusive alcoholic who cared for nobody but himself.

"So that's what you do? You walk out on someone who needs help? What a great friend you are, Deku."

"I never walked out on you! Not a single time, Katsuki. I let you use me and treat me like garbage. I let you walk all over me and use me as a punching bag when you were too angry to tell anyone you needed help. And when I told you I needed help because I was suffering from depression, you told me to jump off of a roof and kill myself. How do you think I feel, Katsuki? How do you think I fucking feel?"

Katsuki stood from his position and began to walk back into the kitchen to grab a bottle of tequila, then he made his way back to the dorms.