Chapter 19. With the Blood of a Demon.

Start from the beginning

"I used Absolute Cancel." The mage replied, turning her head to look back at the Dragon Child she had grown fascinated with, "I cut off my disciple and the spell cast over this room."

Y/n smiled, "That's great! One voice in my head is enough, I really didn't need another." She sighed in relief, knowing she didn't have to listen to Vivian's voice any longer.

She walked into the chamber, finding Elizabeth standing by her father's bed, looking back at her, "Hey there!"

Y/n had to place one feet behind herself for balance when she was engulfed in a tight hug by the Princess, "I missed you so much, thank you for saving me!" The Princess thanked, pulling the girl in tighter.

"Uh, don't worry about it." She replied, placing her hand on Elizabeth's hip while the other remained still by her side. She grinned over the Princess' shoulder and back to the man in his bed, "Well, you sure got old, Bartra." She spoke, making Elizabeth pull away.
The king of Liones got a clear view of the girl, and he felt his body relax.

It was true. She was alive. And she is back, "And you haven't changed a single bit, have you?" He asked the girl, who walked towards him while lifting her hand. Her fingerless gloves torn as she gave the man a two fingered salute, sticking her tongue out playfully, "You got me." She giggled, giving the old man a wink to lift the mood.

Armour clinging was heard behind Y/n, making her turn around. There he was, a Holy Knight in red armour.

"Dreyfus." Gilthunder protectively push Margaret behind him, his eyes focused on the Grand Master Holy Knight.

"Long time, no see, Dreyfus." Y/n greeted the man, who had walked into the room as silently as he could.

"What the hell is going on here?" The knight questioned, his purple eyes moving around to the different faces in the king's room.

"Hendrickson's been killed in battle." Gilthunder replied without hesitation, making Dreyfus's eyes widen in both shock and fear, "He died without ever repaying for the crime he committed."

Dreyfus sucked in his breath, his pupils small, "His crime...?"

"I saw it happen." Margaret stepped out from behind Gilthunder just so slightly so that she could see the man, "The dawn of the anniversary festival, ten years ago. You and Hendrickson conspired together, and murdered Zaratras." She spoke, the rest of the room silent while listening.

Y/n rubbed the back of her head, sighing. She sure had missed a lot.

"Such an unspeakable sight!" She claimed, recalling the memory of what she saw clear as day. Dreyfus' breath was caught in his throat, "And then, consumed with overwhelming fear, I told Gil about it." She closed her eyes in regret, "Little did I know, Vivian was eavesdropping on us. She placed each of us under guard, and we were forced to do her bidding."

"Is that so?" Merlin question, making Arthur look at her just as she cupped her chin, "Seeing as Vivian was head over heels for Gilthunder, I suppose it adds up." She concluded, finding it to be a perfectly fine explanation.

"But thanks to Y/n, that curse has finally been lifted." Gilthunder stated, turning his head to look over at the said girl, who was fiddling with her thumbs in boredom.

Dreyfus sucked in a shaky breath before allowing himself to fall to his knees in defeat. He placed his sword in front of him, leaving him defenceless, "I have lost everything."

At the statement, Y/n looked up from her hands and to the man, "Just as they told you, I conspired with Hendrickson, and murdered Grand Master Zaratras." Dreyfus confessed, rising his gaze to look at the king in his bed, "At first, I only envied my brother. But somewhere along the way it turned into hatred." He lowered his head once more( his eyes closed tightly, "I am so sorry."