Chapter 12 - The Truth

This is the next chapter hope you enjoy!

This chapter is dedicated to
Xx_fairytailguild_Xx for reading my story and voting on all the chapters! Thank you!!
Also I dedicate this chapter to anyone who is reading it and thankyou for 740 views!!

^*^*^*^*^*
Lucy P.O.V
^*^*^*^*^*

I stared through the window to make sure my eyes were not deceiving me. My eyes weren't playing tricks on me. Lying in the hospital bed was none other than Natsu Dragneel. The boy who left me and broke my heart too.
I couldn't help but watch him, lying there. He looked deathly pale and lifeless. The only thing proving that he was alive was the green line on the heart monitor that was making little mountains. I looked both ways of the corridor to make sure no one saw me and stepped into his room.
I know I shouldn't care because to me he was just someone that I used to know. Someone who left me. But that didn't stop me caring. I had an awful feeling of déjà vu of when my Mum was in hospital and Natsu was comforting me. I watched the slow rise and fall of his chest making are he was actually alive. From the looks of it he looked quite dead.
I felt something wet on my cheek and put my hand to make face to find tears there.
I walked closer to the bed and saw a clipboard and picked it up.
It said:

Natsu Dragneel
Age: 17
Terminally Ill

I couldn't read anymore, tears were blurring my vision. So Natsu was terminally ill. Maybe I'm just a jinx. Anyone who seems to have contact with me either turns ill and dies or their personality changes. Maybe I should just leave everyone alone.

I was so busy sobbing and thinking I didn't hear the door open. "Miss you shouldn't be in hear." I jumped at first. "Only close family is allowed in." The nurse said.

I nodded putting my hands to my face, my sobbing getting louder. "Okay.... I'll l-leave." I say whilst walking to the doors.

"Wait.... She's my g-girlfriend." A weak voice says. I turn to find Natsu wide awake, staring at me.

"Are you his girlfriend?" The nurse asked me and I nodded obviously lying but the nurse didn't know that.

"Okay well I'll leave you to it." The nurse says whilst taking her leave.

"Luce?" Natsu says with a really weak voice.

"Natsu! Why?" I started crying out of anger and sadness.
"Why did you leave? But more importantly why are you in here!" I say raising my voice.

"Luce-"

"Don't YOU call me that!"

"Lucy," he corrected. "I'm sorry."

"Do you think a sorry will fix things?! Do you think a word can fix all those years of pain and depression I had?" I screamed.

"No." Was all he said.

"So why are you here?" I say calming down a bit.

"Reasons.... but I'll get to that. That's not important right now. Do you want to know why I left?" He asked closing his eyes.

"You need to rest." I tell him.

"No I don't. I won't rest 'til I tell you."

I sighed in defeat. "Make it quick!"

"Well I had to leave because of my heart. I had a serious heart problem and I had to move all the way out here to this hospital. I've been hospitalised since I left. I'm going to die Luce.."

"Why didn't you just tell me? Why did you have to break my heart?!"

He looked surprised. "Break your heart?"

"Don't tell me your that dense!" I said rubbing my temples.

He raised and eyebrow but didn't say anything. "I didn't tell you because I didn't want to hurt you more. I knew I was going to die and that I didn't have long. So I just told you I was leaving. After you'd just lost your...... Mum I ....... didn't want to have...... to tell you ... I was going to ...... die.." Natsu kept stopping to take breaths. Talking this much must be taking a lot out of him.

"Natsu you need to rest!" I tell him.

"I'm not going.... to until.... I finish." he started. "I have literally only lived this long with sheer will power..... I can't do it much longer...... I made a promise to..... your Mum. The day she died she made me promise that I'd save you from your Dad if he changed. I wanted to come and get you but they wouldn't let me leave the hospital. But now I know your safe I can rest in peace.." he said.

Tears start rolling down my cheeks again. What does he mean? He can now rest in peace? Does that mean he can die in peace now?!

"Don't you dare die Natsu!"

"I'll try." He said grinning.

"I wish you would've told me though... But you need to rest now." I tell him sternly.

"Whatever you say Luigi..." I giggled as he called me his old nickname for me. "But only if you'll stay with me."

"Uhhhh Fine!" I moan and sit at the chair beside him.

He pats the bed beside him with a weak hand. "There's enough space for two. Come lie up here. You look tired." He pouts at me.

I smile at him since he the ones who's ill but he still thinks about my health. I slip in beside him and get comfortable with my back to him. Suddenly I feel a warm arm around my waist and pulling me closer.

"N-Natsu?"

"I'm making sure you don't try to get away when I'm sleeping."

I sigh and snuggle up closer to him. Then I remember Levy...

Oops.... Oh well she'll think I left her with Gajeel for some "alone" time and went home.

^*^*^*^*^*
Thanks for reading and have a good day/night!

Buhh-Baayy (^_^)/

P.S. Sorry for grammar and spelling mistakes I did this late at night!
<3