Twenty-One

The school week seemed to go by fast and valentine's day is approaching faster and faster, January is just about over now...

Snow has been falling hard and it's a lovely Saturday, "Kō," I mumble feeling around the bed looking for him.

"Kōōō~" I coo gently laying in the warmth he left on the bed. A chuckle comes from the bathroom, "Can I ever just shower in peace?" he asks walking in with a towel on his waist.

I shake my head and open my eyes a little more, "Drop the towel," I groan looking at his toned body. He chuckles and looks for clothes before dropping the towel, "That's more like it," I say falling half asleep.

I feel his warm half naked body lift me up and lay me on his chest, "Can we just lay in bed all day?" I mumble against his collarbone.

He kisses my head and rests his cheek in that spot, "Sure... Anything for my babies," He says. I smile, "Don't we have an appointment today..." I mumble.

He nods, "Yeah, it's just a quick ultrasound, baby," Sighing I put my arms up and he chuckles pulling my shirt off.

I wrap my arms around him, "There, that's perfect," I say nuzzling into his chest.

I can hear his heart beating and we lay together and I slowly fall back asleep, after what feels like seconds I'm woken up by Kō getting out of bed.

"Where are you going..." I mumble whilst grabbing his wrist keeping my eyes closed.

He chuckles and releases my grip, "I have to get ready so I can get you ready, we have to leave in 20 minutes," He tells me stroking my hair before walking away to my closet.

Soon the shuffling stops and I'm being lifted out of bed, "Nooo..." My chin rests on his shoulder as he carries me over to the closet setting me down on the bench and picking out some clothes for me.

"Okay baby owl, here you go," he says setting the clothes next to me.

My eyes peek open and I start to undress, "Thank you..." I mumble as I pick up my bra, and then his hoodie sliding it over my body.

I stand up and put on my fish next and plaid skirt, "I'm ready..." I mumble as I lift my arms and he carries my downstairs.

He sets me on the couch and brings my shoes over, "Where are you two going?" Keiji asks as he walks into the kitchen. Before I can say anything Kō answers for me, "We have an ultrasound today,"

Keiji and him talk back and forth as I lace up my shoes and Kō slides on his sneakers.

"Ready baby?" I nod and he smiles picking me up and carrying me to the car before setting me in my seat.

Moments later Kō is starting the car and we're headed to the hospital...

~Time skip~

I laid down on the table and the nurse lifted up my shirt, "This will be a bit cold..." She says as she puts the jelly on my stomach, and smooths it's out with the metal reader.

After a couple seconds she shows us a small sack, "That's your baby," She says hovering on that spot.

Kō grabs my shoulder and looks at me with teary eyes and I can't help but brush them away, "We did it Kō," I say smiling. He nods at me, "We did it baby owl," He leans down and kisses my forehead.

We smile at each other before looking back at the screen and listening to the nurse tell us the doctor will be with us in a moment.

Nodding she leaves the room and after about ten minutes the doctor knocks on the door and opens up, "Alright, let me get a look at that baby!" She says smiling.

Chuckling she grabs the reader and sets it on the gelled area, once she finds the baby she smiles, "They're so beautiful," she smiles at us, "Very healthy might I add," We smile at her and she asks us about pictures and how we met and all the simple questions you'd ask new parents.

We answer them calmly and she smiles whiling off my stomach and telling us she'll be back in a moment with the pictures.

Kō puts my stuff in my purse and checks to make sure he has everything in his pockets, smiling he nods and I sit up on the bed.

Talking about what we're gonna do today as we wait for the doctor there's a noise from down the hall, "Mommy! I want another sucker!" It's a little girl and her mom.

You can hear how frustrated her mom is and Kō just chuckles, "Are you excited?" He asks and I take a moment to think.

After a couple minutes I nod my head, "I wanna do this with you, I wanna start our chapter in life. This is what matters to me right now, so yes. I'm excited,"

He smiles and holds my hand as we stare into each other's eyes, leaning in slowly.

Just as our lips are about to connect theres a knock on the door and the door is opened moments later.

"Alright you two," The doctor says as she sets some pictures down on the bed for us to look at.

Kō picks up the photos and puts them in my purse for us to look at when we get home, "Now, the baby may look small but that's because you're only about a week or so along. This was just to check to make sure you and the fetus are healthy," She lets us know as I stand up.

We nod and thank her as we put our coats back on and head outside.

"So, ready for our lazy day?" Kō asks as we walk out into the snow. I nod my head and he chuckles watching me catch snowflakes on my tongue before doing the same.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Word count: 1010

Whew! Happy wednesday everyone! I will have another chapter our next week (I hope).

<3 author chan