Lockdown Wala Love

Title : Lockdown Wala Love

Author : Starry0502

•••••••••••••••••••••

At Mehta Residence

An old couple watching TV with one of their favorite paying guests, their natkhat nautanki betiya Khushi, who is busy relishing the jalebi she made as there is nothing more important than this sweet in her life.

24th March 2020 at 8 pm

News channel, " Saathiyon, 25th March se pure desh mein 21 dino ke liye lockdown hoga. Toh mai aapse vinati karta hu ke iss mahamaari se ladne ke liye lockdown ke Niyamon ka palan kare."By our Prime Minister. (Friends, the whole country would be under lockdown for 21 days from 25th March. So, I request you all to help us fight this pandemic by following the rules for this lockdown.)

"What the..."

Now this caught Khushi's attention. She murmured, "Here comes the Lard governor."

"What happened Arnav beta?" Ram uncle enquired.

"Uncle, our exams are going to start from 1st April. Now due to this lockdown it will get to postpone."

"What?? Yes, yes, Jai Devi Maiya Ki. Waah, Prime Minister Ji you live a long life. Now I will get enough time to complete my portions."Khushi joined her hands and prayed in happiness.

"You still didn't complete your studies, Khushi?"

"So what? Everyone is not like you, Topper huh, and I am happy to be an average student, who lives her life as a human being and not like a machine who works 24*7."

"Shut up Khushi."

Twisting her mouth Khushi stood up and walked towards her room as she can't stand against this Lard Governor for more than five minutes. He will start giving lectures on studies if she stays back.

"Why do you keep asking her about her studies Arnav?" Neeta asked.

"Aunty it's because only this will help in shutting the mouth of the chatterbox, Khushi Gupta." He winked at Neeta and went to his room.

The old couple shook their heads and smiled. Then they start discussing the news they watched.

Arnav and Khushi are studying in the same college. Since two years, Arnav is staying with them as a paying guest and the coming year is his final year. He is like their son and Khushi is the daughter of their distant relative who started staying with them from this year as it is her first year in college. Since day one, both of them have been like Tom and Jerry. They keep irritating each other and fighting with each other. Living with Arnav and Khushi is fun for the couple as they hardly miss their son who stays in the US.

*****

First week of lockdown

"Lard Governor opens the door." Khushi shouted, banging the door.

"Now what!!! Khushi? What do you want now? Why do you keep disturbing me like this? Let me study. I know you are not interested in studies, but that doesn't mean you will not let me study."Saying this Arnav held the door to close it again.

"Arnav, not me, Aunty is calling you to have dinner as it's getting late."

Arnav came out and walked towards the dining room. "Sorry for coming late, Aunty."