College Romance

Title : College Romance

Author : imsrishti

•••••••••••••••••••••

30, December, 2020

"Argh! This is so not done" sighs a grumpy Arnav.

"Calm down baby" Khushi replies patiently.

"Are you serious Khushi? You are asking ME to calm down? This is not what we wanted. This is not what we had planned."

"Relax Arnav and stop frowning. I know and I understand what you feel. I am sailing in the same boat. Believe me even I wanted to welcome this new year with you and not like this, being struck in a hostel room alone" Khushi frowns.

"I know baby. That's why I want us to be with each other. At least, that way we will be relaxed a little about the other's safety and health. It's so pathetic that we stay so close to each other yet we are not able to meet each other."

"Yeah, we meet only at our working hours, that too for a few minutes. But, that time also we are not able to see each other properly.....because of the PPE KIT that we wear."

"Exactly!" replied an equally annoyed Dr. ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA

"But baby, we can't forget that this is what we choose for ourselves and this is what gives us happiness."

"Hmm" replied a now calm Arnav.

"Also, we should be happy that we go to the same hospital and stay in the same hostel unlike our other friends who are at different hospitals and or at different hostels."

"Hmm...you know sometimes I wish,  we both would have been doing our post graduation in the same department then we would have been able to meet each other more often."

"I agree. But like I said earlier this is what we wanted. You always had a dream to be an ENT surgeon and me..."

"A cardiac surgeon....and I am sure you'll be the best one."

"Don't forget I am in PG II of general surgery and  I still have so much time to reach where I dreamt to be....but you, my baby, will be an ENT surgeon, the very next year" gushed an extremely happy Khushi.

Arnav smiles but suddenly frowns  "Hey! don't try to distract me."

"Umm...me...no...no" sutters a sheepishly smiling khushi.  "I was just....umm...you know...discussing."

"Oh really!"  Arnav raises his eyebrow.

Khushi nods like a baby, making Arnav smile at her cuteness.
But then realizing that he is getting distracted again, composes himself and glares at her making her smile sheepishly.

"But, seriously, khushi till when will we talk to each other like this through 'face time'? You know, I just want to run to you and hug you tightly and kiss you all over...."

He stops looking at a blushing khushi and smirks. Then adds teasingly " Khushi, if you will blush like this, by just listening to me, then what will you do when I'll  do this and much more..."

"Shut up! You shameless Laad Governor" chides a blushing Khushi making Arnav laugh at his blushing beauty.

"Arnav!" Whines Khushi.

"Sorry" mutters Arnav, controlling his laughter.

"By the way, Arnav, is there no way we can be together, at least tomorrow ?"