A Passing Breeze Or The Desert Storm?

Title : A Passing Breeze Or The Desert Storm?

Author : mysticaltales11111

•••••••••••••••••••••

Present day – 5th January, 2021
@Shantivan – 10:00 PM
ARNAV'S POV

Guys.
Apologies.
Ideally, this should be the point where in – I should start with things like – How have you all been? Long Time – No see etc etc for it really has been about Five Years Some Days plus from the last you heard from our end – here at Shantivan back in 2015.

Remember??

That bit in – where I actually forgot all about our Third Wedding Anniversary and Khushi decided to vanish for the day to get back at me for the same – when in reality – she was actually hiding in one of our guest rooms and then of course – Yours Truly – Arnav Singh Raizada – made up to her for my memory debacle with regards to the same by that exclusive lovely dinner celebration with Just US – At Home?

Yeah.

I am sure you all Remember That Bit.

Anyways.

So – Back to Where I Was.

So, like I said – even though I should technically start with the usual greetings + dive straight into probably giving you all a brief glimpse into all that has been happening here at our end at Shantivan in the last Five Years Plus – I most definitely cannot indulge into that trip down the memory lane – for at the moment I am kind of pacing around in my pool side – at the speed in which Usain Boult(who is the greatest sprinter of all times) probably would at his household – when he's dealing with a sudden Yorker – bowled to him By Life which has got him consumed in Immense Worry.

Hmm.

Also -  just in case any of you are wondering what has gotten into me? And if it's really me - Arnav Singh Raizada- in here whose being uber talkative at the moment within my inner thoughts – when clearly I just happened to state that I am consumed with Immense Worry at the back of my Head – Nonetheless. Then – fret not – for I most surely have an answer for you.

What's gotten into Me???

Khushi.

Of course.

Guys, c'mon – Khushi and me have now been happily married for Eight Years 6 months Plus – so you can clearly imagine – how much she's rubbed onto me and completely infiltrated my otherwise previous monotonous boring LaadGoverner Avatar. And off late – the antic of her's – to go on about with crazy rants when worried and pacing – has kind off gotten into me Too.

Please Note Here for Future Reference that – I am not Complaining about the fact that my gorgeous beautiful wife – has infiltrated my systems this way.

Oh Not At All.

Remember how I was?

Dude  - I often think to myself now – that before Khushi – my Heart was like that version of Sahara Desert (which is one of the largest deserts in the world ) surrounded with nothing but it's Endless Dunes of Dry Sand and Whirlpools of Scorching Heat. And then one fine day - She came along like that Blissful Exquisite Oasis within the Dry Dunes of My Heart to offer my Heart some respite.

Oh and you all know very well – how much the dry scorching dunes and hasty winds within my Deserted heart then tried to astray my path from reaching My Blissful Oasis but nonetheless ever since I had reached that destination of Intense Love & Trust– it would be apt to say that there's been no place for any Dry Heat from the Scorching Desert in there  – and my Heart has truly blossomed into a State – of a Permanent Oasis Bliss for Sure with just the faded scars of the Desert's previous existence in the background. (You know because the scars of the past always just remain – anyway. You cannot just simply erase them out of you on the whole)

Anyways.

So.

You know how Life Is? The Strong Winds still keep coming in Here and There – which do unsettle the blissful equilibrium for a bit. And as of now – I am currently in the middle of dealing with a situation that will tell me – if the strong wind coming our way at the moment is just a mere passing breeze or a full -fledged desert storm?

I desperately Hope for the Former – ofcourse.

I am right on that thought when my phone buzzes with a call.

Its Aman.

Oh – now you will all know what the context of my worry is.

I pick up my phone in an instant and say into it in a rush – " what the??? Aman???????? Didn't you say about ten minutes ago that you would ring me back in five, the minute the lab assistant had mailed you her report ??? You are five minutes late dammit – do you have any idea how worried I am???? This isn't a joke dammit – it's about Khushi...also I was quite taken aback when they shared my reports 30 minutes prior and said that they would be sending Khushi's in 30 minutes later, anyways whatever... come on quick..tell me what do her reports say?? She's tested negative for Covid – 19 too right??? I mean I am sure that Corona has no chances of infiltrating my wife's systems – she's just caught the usual viral flu..right??? for its only been a low grade fever...and that's surely what her reports say too for sure..right??? Aman – c'mon why aren't you saying something dammit??????,"and I pause and say out loud again sure that my tone was quite assertive and tense – " Aman..will you answer me please???? now...dammit...now...like I am sure about what the reports say nonetheless for this was just a test for formality anyway...I mean we'v all been at home in lockdown perpetually since March..and Khushi hasn't even stepped down because she's so paranoid about the Corona situation because of the kids...so I am dead sure that the report is negative anyway..but go on..you tell me..as in confirm it to me..nontheless..quick...dammit...hurry freaking up...what are you waiting for??? panditji se ab mahurat nikalwayun kya Aman?????????Bolo....say something dammit,"and I pause – because I kind of realise that he will only be able to answer me – if I let him say a word out – right?

I hear Aman say now immediately – " Sir...I will only be able to tell you what the report says if you let me talk...I understand your worry sir...but please calm down...first...and please why don't you take a seat..are you at the pool side??then sit down on your recliner perhaps?"

I look around and I say perplexed – " really? Aman?? Are you spying on me now? with some hidden camera here and there or something??? how the hell do you know that I am in the poolside??"

"Sir, that's because I know you very well sir..over 15 years now..i know whenever you are worried...you take refuge in your trusted pool side...,"says my trusted dedicated assistant.

Well.

He's right about that.

I sigh as I take a seat on my recliner now and I ask dejected consumed with immense worry – " well I can't blast at you for that surely, for you are right about that..anyways...tell me now Aman – answer me please? what do the reports say??"

"Positive...sir...Khushi Maam has tested positive for Covid – 19," comes his answer engulfed in a worry + sigh.

WAIT.

WHAT?

JUST WHAT THE HELL DID HE JUST SAY???????????

MY KHUSHI HAS TESTED POSITIVE FOR CORONA??

Not possible.

Just.

Not.

Freaking.

Possible.

I say now shrugging the thought away blatantly – " bloody incompetent laboratories – cannot even get a test right...Aman..remind me on Monday that I need to look out for immediate business acquisitions into the pharmaceutical industries – starting with some trusted laboratory companies, who are capable of getting their readings and results right.Look this result is wrong..totally wrong...how is it possible that my test is negative and khushi's comes out positive?? Like how is that even freaking possible????????? I don't trust this source..we will repeat the test in the morning..arrange for one...on a priority basis.."

"But sir...this is the most trusted lab in the city..sir...,"and I do not let him complete the sentence as I stand up in my spot and yell out in anger – " no arguments please aman...please? we are repeating the test...that's freaking it..arrange for one..,"and with that I hang up on him.

And.

I close my Eyes.

No.

No.

No.

Godammit.

Freaking.

No

This Can't Happen.

This was just supposed to be a passing breeze and not an Insane Desert Strom that could pose a potential threat – at the very existence of my Oasis.

I brush my hands over my Face engulfed with immense worry feeling all Wrecked within – nonetheless. The only two times - I have felt this wrecked – wretched fear is when there's been any sort of a potential threat to Khushi. (At that one time when I almost thought she was in an accident – and the second - when I thought she had a deadly fall of that cliff while saving me from those dammed kidnappers)

Yeah.

Exactly.

That's How Freaking Wrecked I am within now – in intense Worry.

Why So??

Because My Khushi developed a minor situation with the Asthma over the years after the birth of our twins – Aarna and Krishiv.(Three years ago).

And although its been a situation that's been controlled with pumps and medications over time – testing positive for Covid – surely increases her vulnerability to the critical impacts of the disease.

No.

Godammit – No.

It isn't Covid.

It cannot be Covid.

Just a Freaking Viral.

It's the best decision to repeat the test in the morning.

I am right on that thought when I hear a knock on the door and I walk over immediately to open it – and I see a very worried Aarav standing there and he asks now in a rush – " Dad...are the results in?? where's Mom??c'mon everyone's going crazy with worry downstairs..anjali bua, mami, nani, akash chachu, payal chachi..and before you ask me..i will tell you..first..krishiv, aarna and myra and nyra are asleep...bua and payal chachi just put them to bed..."( Myra is Akash+ Payals  two year old daughter and Nyra is the little girl Di adopted – four years ago too)

I sigh now as I say looking at our first son who was now 14 as we adopted him when he was a little over 5 back in 2012 – "Aarav..mom is in the washroom freshening up and yes Aman called..,"and with that I quickly fill him over it all including the state of my Denial where in – I had asked Aman to rearrange for the test again – in the morning.

The minute I was done telling him everything – Aarav hugs me worried instantly as he says – "dad..i know you don't want to believe the test result..but I think you should...because of Mom's asthma..I think it will be better if we have her shifted to the hospital right??Dad...don't go into denial please...if this is what it is..then we need to face this head on.."

I hug him back momentarily – "well yes to that Aarav...but her symptons aren't that severe Aarav..just a low grade fever ...maybe we can arrange for a hospital setting here at home itself..with a nurse + doctor on call...but you know what you are right...I will call our family doctor...first..maybe spiralling into lanes of denial won't really help no matter how desperately I hope that the test s were wrong ,"and I pause – as complete dejection takes over my Heart.

Aarav pulls back now and says – "yes Dad...that won't help..we have to act to be on the safer side right? I will rush down and tell everyone about this...I am going to ask Anjali bua and Payal chachi to handle aarna and krishiv until then for anyway mom has been in isolation here for the last two days ever since she developed the little fever..as she wasn't letting any of us come near her at all...only you wouldn't leave her side nonetheless....no matter how much she tried to get you to listen...,"and he pauses and adds with more worry now – " Dad...you are diabetic..what if you'v picked up on the infection too????wait wait...wait...what do your results say??"

I pat on his shoulder – " no Aarav..don't be worried...my test came in negative 30 minutes prior..which was why I was so confident khushi's test would be negative too and told her the same which was why she just went in to freshen up feeling all relaxed about the same...you go on...talk to everyone down..in the meanwhile I will talk to doc..and khushi too..for she will be here soon too any minute.."

Aarav hugs me one more time quickly and makes his way down and I close the door to our room shut.

And just as I turn around – I see the bathroom door open and the love of my life steps out with her mask and Face shield all fixed on her face – which she's had on 24*7 ever since she picked on the low grade fever and I groan a little as I start to walk upto her now but to my surprise she paces past me immediately holding out her hand to me to stop me from coming anywhere near her and walks out into the pool side and closes the glass door shut in between of Us.

I bang on the Door obviously – gesturing her to open.

"What the Khushi???????? Open up????????," I say out loud so that my voice travels across the glass doors. I am also sure she can read the wrecked worry on my face.

I see her shake her head in a Negative and she says now out loud so that I can hear her and I do spot her eyes get consumed with immense worry too – " naiii...no...I won't open up Arnav...I know my reports are positive..and you need to freaking stay away from me now...I'v been begging the same from you for the last two days ...now see...my reports are positive...and what have you done arnav?? Exposed yourself to me on the last two days nonetheless??but no - I shall not allow you anywhere near me now...please...just go...."

I gape at her appalled and I ask – " who the hell told you that your reports are positive Khushi??? They are negative..just like mine are...they are freaking negative..," and I pause after – trying to cover up the test result for I know its going to worry Khushi – immensely too.

She flashes her phone to me in my face – with Aman's Text about the same – open on her Screen.

Godammit.

Aman.

I could Fire him for This.

Wait.

Correction to that.

I am going to Fire Him – For This.

And just as I am fuming at that within – I hear Khushi say now as she tucks her phone back in her trackpants – " oh please...Arnav..we both know that I am never going to let you fire Aman..alright? so quit thinking about the same...,"and she pauses now and places her hand on the glass door and says softly her eyes welling up a little with intense emotion – " please....listen to me Arnav...distance yourself from me...for the sake of our family and kids please...I cannot risk you or them..please...our kids are too young...pleaseeeeeee...."

Godaamit.

Woman.

Another thing she's learnt brilliantly over the Years?It's how to Pull out all these Trump Cards on me to get me to listen or act in accordance.

I sigh as I place my hand over where she had placed her's from the other side of the glass door and I say now dejected – " the report is wrong? Alright? you are not freaking Covid positive alright??? you can't be..Khushi...you can't be...,"and I turn around worried unable to process the situation – yet again – for Real.

Why was this Happening to Me? To Us??

I hear Khushi's worried voice travel to my ears nonetheless – " but I am Arnav...and you need to understand that...please....,"and she pauses and to my surprise my phone buzzes with her call and I pick up the phone now and she says (the underlying emotion evident in her voice) – " turn around Arnav...will you please?? just look at me??"

I do so – obviously.And the minute I do – she hangs up on the phone and places it aside on the little side table.

Next - I see her put her hand into her other pocket of the track pant and she takes out the forehead reading thermometer and takes her temperature and shows it to me and says – " see you can see right?? still a low grade fever...just 99...,"and she pauses and then places the thermometer on the little side table in the corner next to her phone and then takes out the oxymeter from her track pants pocket and measures the level of her oxygen in her blood (SPO2) and flashes it at me two seconds later and says – " see my oxygen level is steady too – 98..,"and she pauses and then takes our her mini asthma pump out of her pocket and takes a bout of it and says two seconds later – " see..i just took a pump...to be on the safer side too...Arnav..now please..stop worrying so much...I will recover..for sure..even if it is Covid....i will monitor myself...but please you got to understand that I cannot risk you, or our kids, or our family..so please shift out into the guest room...now...please...,"and with that she places her hand back on the glass again – emotions swimming in her eyes and I gulp down my worry sure that she could sense the lump in my throat and I place my hand back over the glass as I say dejected locking my intent gaze with hers – " but I don't want to leave your side...Khushi...I just can't...alright??"

She sighs and says now – " Arnav...I am not asking you to leave my side?? Okay??"

I look at her puzzled – " what the?? Aren't you asking me to leave??"

Khushi actually whisks her mask out for a second from under the face shield and gives me a little mischievous grin of hers before putting the mask back up on and she says next – " ohhoo..what I mean to say is that you can still be by my side...but not like in physical reality but virtual..as in through text and videocalls/voicecalls...,"and she pauses to flash her phone to my face and adds a second later – " I mean maybe...I can say...thanks to Covid...Mr Arnav Singh Raizada will finally get more practice with whatsapp...and its amazing videocall/texting features...,"and she pauses and chuckles.

I gape at her in part anger + part disbelief as I ask narrowing my eyes at her – " you think this is funny?? Don't you?? khushi??dammit..are you crazy or what?? do you even know what I am going through within...just the thought of this covid + your asthma...,"and I pause as emotion chokes my throat.

Khushi sighs now and says – " please...don't...don't let your head go there..please?? I will recover...you just co-operate with me on this na?? acha do one thing..talk to the doctor first? See what he says? I am sure he will suggest that self-isolation is the best too.."

I sigh as I admit – " well I was just about to get to that..before you stepped out..let me just talk to him...,"and I pause and she adds with a nod – " and please do not allow anyone to come here..okay? di and jiji, mamiji, naniji – I am sure they will all take care of aarna and krishiv and I know this will be difficult for you too but maybe for the next 24 hours don't go around the kids please? for even though your results came negative you were exposed to me..."

I nod at her and I say – " yeah...I know..ok now please you come on back  into the room first? Alright? I don't want you to stand out in the pool side longer? Just rest please...khushi?? I'll also ask di to have HP send in some of her kahda's and stuff..."

Khushi nods – "yes okay to that ..but I will only come into the room once you leave Arnav...please??? you call me after alright??"

I nod at her now and step backwards keeping my gaze locked with her's until I close the door shut finally stepping out of our room with a heavy heart – only because I do want her to get in and get straight into bed and get rest.

And just as I am on my way down to join in everyone before talking to the doctor – I see Di pacing up the staircase and she pats my arm in support as she says – " Chotte...don't worry..khushi will be fine..she will recover...her immunity is very strong..always has been..tum bass apne aap ko sambhalo pehle..."

I hug Di immediately as I admit sincerely – " kaise sambhalun di? Kaise? Mar jaaunga main kuch hogaya khushi ko toh...nai reh sakta mein uske bina...aapko toh pata hai..."( how do I handle myself di? How?? I will die if something happens to khushi..you know very well that I can never be without her)

Di pulls back and she says sincerely – "I know...and just about nothing can happen to our Khushi alright? chotte?? Nothing will, she will recover..Now quit that thought...and talk to the doctor first...,"and I nod at her and we start to make our way down the stairs and she says next – " also Aman called me for he was too scared to call you about the same..the lab technicians had called him saying that the media has somewhat got the hunch that former Mrs India + Mrs Arnav Singh Raizada might have tested positive for Covid- 19.."

I gape at her in shock – " whattttttttt? What the????? How?? Who the hell freaking leaked this?????has to be someone from that godforsaken incompetent lab.."

Di sighs as she says – " chotte..you know how it is..and our beloved Khushi apart from being the former Mrs India and your wife has done so much with so many NGO's + Charities in all these years and continues to do so passionately – that she is a very well known face on her own accord too...so it was obvious for this too leak out...but don't worry..Aman is handling this...he asked me to assure you that you can trust him on the fact that this – shall not create any noise in the media..he is handling it in your style.."

I sigh to that with a nod – " okay..good...he better handle this...anyway...actually to be honest..i don't even care about the external noise at the moment di.."

Di nods and hugs me from the side and we walk further to join in the rest of our worried family in the living room and I ring up our family doctor for further advice.
.........................

90 Minutes Later
Midnight
@One of the Guest Rooms – Shantivan
Arnav POV Continues

I can't freaking believe This.

Believe what?

The fact that Khushi has actually banished me into one of our guest rooms – and I have no control over the scenario and have been emotionally blackmailed into abiding by it all – nonetheless.

The only saving grace at the moment for my immense worry is the fact that – the Doctor has assured us – that since Khushi's symptoms aren't very severe, so there wasn't much to worry about but we had to Monitor it all obviously and keep her in self – isolation. He did say that it is safe to monitor her condition at home for a couple of days and because I coaxed him too – he will be helping us coordinate in arranging a basic medical set up at home in our room first thing tomorrow morning too, but – because of the current Corona Scene – its not advisable to have anybody else come in to help oversee that monitoring as in like a trained nurse or something.

Which is exactly what I am worried about at the moment now too – guys.That – Khushi will literally be alone all by herself in our room in self- isolation.

I surely got to think of something.

And that is exactly when it Clicks Me.

PPE KITS.

I am going to arrange for some, so that I can dawn it myself and at least go in into our room for a little while here and there to check on Khushi – myself.

I quickly buzz Aman even though it is Midnight now and ask him to help me arrange the same and the minute he assures me that he will have a couple of kits delivered at our doorstep by 7am in the morning – I finally take in a further sigh of relief and hang up on the call with him and the very next second I scroll onto Whtsapp whose services I surely was going to be needing quite a bit given the situation.

And.

I video-call Khushi.

She picks up the phone instantly and I am relieved to finally see that wretched face shield and mask off her face(probably now that she is finally alone) and her grinning face fill up my screen instead and I say locking my gaze with hers immediately – " finally...I get to see your face khushi...hate that freaking mask and shield it literally covers half your face...."

Khushi chuckles to that mischievously as she says sitting up in bed – " very funnyyy.."

I ask next – "fever??"

She sighs – " oho...its 99 only.."

I ask next – " oxygen level??"

She sighs and pouts – " 99 too.."

I ask next – " your asthma pump??"

She sighs and shrugs amused – " right here by my bedside laad governer.."

I ask next – " kahda? The one di sent??"

She picks up the empty glass of it and shows it to me – " had it my lord.."

I say next immediate – " also keep sipping on the hot water through out the night?? Please?? and steam – definitely take on some steam before sleeping...,"and right then my eyes do fall on her laptop open up aside I say – "Khushi...stop working at the moment..please?? you can answer your emails in the morning dammit..."

Khushi rolls her eyes at me playfully – " yes..yes...i was shutting it down only Arnav...just had to see to some stuff with regards to one of the NGO's and the make a wish foundation...its done now...,"and she pauses and winks at me – " by the way look who is talking??"

I chuckle at that a little on reflex and I admit a later with a sigh – " khushi...I cannot believe that I have to sleep in another room apart from you...you know we have never slept apart in all these years ever..."

Khushi nods at that with a sigh too – " I know right...given the fact that you actually did stay the nights with me in the hospital when Krishiv and Aarna were born..so yeah I know what you mean...Arnavji,"she finishes with an adorable wink.

Ok.

I know she's just said that to take my Case.

Guys – remember how Khushi would call me Arnavji all the time?? Well – on our fifth wedding anniversary I actually asked her for a gift to just permanently knock the – Ji – off the Arnav.

Thankfully she obliged.

I narrow my eyes at her as I say – "you are going to be fined for that Mrs Raizada...the first thing out..the minute you recover...or you know what maybe first thing tomorrow, when I get into our room to be with you dawned in a PPE Kit..."

That makes her eyes widen in a surprised amused daze as she asks – " wait wait what?????????? you actually asked Aman to arrange for PPE kits too??"

I nod in a matter of fact gesture – " oh yes Khushi...no bloody covid can stop Arnav Singh Raizada from seeing his wife when he wishes too - so I'd be dammed if I didn't dawn one to come around to check on you myself...I hate that you are alone in there dammit..."

Khushi smiles her eyes welling up in emotion – "well who says I am alone...you are here na with me..always...and also technically virtually too??and PPE kits or not..you are so not coming near me alright? I know Covid can't stop you from seeing your wife...but your wife can.. I am the home minister remember????"

I groan as I say – " what???????? no..Khushi..please ..you can't do this to me dammit..."

Khushi sighs and says brushing her hand through her hair – " please...Arnav...you gotta be with the kids too after...we can't take any risk...plus naniji's age factor too.."
I narrow my eyes at her yet again groaning in dismay  – " I hate the way you bring out all these trump cards on me dammit..."

She chuckles – " I know...but I love you Arnav...,"and she closes her laptop shut shifting it aside and lies down in bed.

I sigh as I admit sure that she could read the emotion in my voice – "I love you too Khushi...so so so much..i can't even begin to tell what I am going through at the moment..,"and I pause and just lie down in bed too and say a second later – " just keep the phone on this way..please? while you sleep??"

Khushi asks grinning – " whatttt?? Really?? all night??"

I nod at her giving her a heartfelt smile.

She nods back giving me a heartfelt smile – " okay...,"and I add immediately – " that ways ill be able to be with you every time you monitor yourself...you'v put the alarm right? remember what the doctor said??you have to check on your oxygen levels every two hours??"

Khushi nods and she says fighting back a yawn – " yes Arnav..i remember...I have put the alrams...don't worry..please??have some water..please and just relax now"

I quickly do so and then adjust myself back in bed and take a couple of deep breathes and I say – " okay...close your eyes..please khushi now...just rest..please??"

Khushi nods at that giving me a flying kiss with a wink and then closes her eyes – and I continue to just gaze at her for a while before I adjust my phone to stand upfront on the pillow next to me in support and my heart continues to get engulfed in immense love with that underlying tinch of Worry and Fear.But somehow seeing Khushi slip into a peaceful slumber now as her breathes begin to steady gives me some sort of a feeling of calm and respite within on its own accord – too.

Maybe – I just need to send out a Blatant Warning to that Bloody Virus that has infiltrated my Wife's systems, in my signature style – nonetheless.

Listen You Covid – 19, You better just be that Passing Breeze and Dare not convert yourself into A Desert Storm and pose any potential threat to my Exquisite Blissful Oasis. Let me warm you well in advance – that even if you dare to do such a thing – you'd be compelling me to unleash out some massive havoc and wreck. Directed towards Whom? Your place of origin - China – of course!

And I – Arnav Singh Raizada- swear to all of the Gods above that if any complications were to arise in the love of my life/my wife's/the mother of my children/the light of our family's - health condition because of you Covid – I'd be dammed, if I didn't invade and wreck the hell out off China's business economy – for good.

So Let's Just All Hope that It Never Ever – Comes to That – Indeed.
..........................................

Tadaaa!!

Authors Note

Thank you so much Guys for taking out the time to read the OS. I hope you guys enjoyed reading it. I really enjoyed penning it down. Do let me know your thoughts on the same.
Also yes – this is supposed to just be that One Shot – but I do want to say that its obvious that Khushi recovers out of Covid in a while – smoothly and China's business economy is saved from the wreck and mayhem – Arnav Singh Raizada would have otherwise unleashed on It.

THANKS GUYS.
Much Love
Always.
Mysticaltales11111
(Prachi)
..........