Chapter 19: Dinner with the Valentinos

Start from the beginning

"I see, it seems like you enjoyed your time at the States as well." The Empress nodded her head, "What are your plans after high school."

"My plans after high school..." This was a subject Lyrica didn't like talking about, "I...I applied to some schools." She told them, "But, I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to study. So right now I'm actually undeclared."

"Oh I see." The Empress nodded her head.

"Well, it's not like anyone has their life planned out for them right?" Peter added s he smiled to Lyrica.

"What you decide to study will be ultimately up to you." The Emperor spoke, "Hopefully it will be a subject that can benefit this nation."

"Right." Lyrica nodded her head. She almost forgot that they didn't know that Cassien and her weren't actually an item.

"How about you Peter?" The Emperor turned his head towards him, "How was the boarding school."

Lyrica and Cassien looked at Peter, they both knew he still never told them.

"Boarding school was great. Better than here to be honest. I learned a lot about...You know, uh different cultures! Right I took an Ethnic Studies class, you know we should really be implementing that sort of class into our school systems." He pointed out, "It's important to learn about the different cultures outside of Valentino right?" Although this wasn't something he learned at school, it was something he learned about while traveling.

Cassien raised his eyebrow, for once Peter actually said something that made sense, "I actually agree with Peter for once."

"I'll keep that in mind for our next meeting then." The Emperor answered.

"You are turning eighteen next year right Lyrica?" The Empress noted, "We must have a Debutanté for you!"

Lyrica was drinking her water when her eyes widened. She never really thought that far into the future because she assumed before her birthday Cassien and her would break up at some point.

"I don't know about that mother I mean—" Cassien tried to object, but his father interrupted.

"No I agree with her." The Emperor nodded his head, "It makes sense for us to have a celebration for the future Empress. I'm sure the public would want to see you then too." The Emperor looked at Lyrica for her answer.

"Uh...I mean...I..." Lyrica didn't know how to answer and she looked over at Cassien.

"She might be busy since it's the end of the year activities at your school right?" He reminded her.

"Y-Yes! We have some final tests to take...And I also want to focus on badminton." Lyrica told them, "We have a big tournament in May and the end of the season is at the beginning of April."

"Hmm, I think we can arrange things so that you'll be able to have time for your academics and sports? Your birthday is April 23 from what I remember?"

Lyrica nodded her head and was surprised they still remembered her birthday.

"If you let the House of Castillo handle the planning they will be able to finish it by the time on your birthday. You'll just need to come in two weeks prior to your birthday." The Empress suggested.

"That does seem like a good plan. Then we can have Cassien escort you during the main ceremony." The Emperor added.

"W-Wait, you both are suggesting this out of thin air." Cassien looked at his parents, "Don't you think this is happening a bit suddenly for Lyrica? In the end it should be her choice whether she has one or not."