"Did we...?"

"Oh no, no we didn't," Madison laughed quietly, "not for your lack of trying though."

Lauren closed her eyes and fell into a chair at the counter.

"I'm sorry," Lauren groaned, "very unprofessional."

"Look if you hadn't been absolutely trashed... I probably would've said yes," Madison flashed a grin at Lauren's shocked expression.

"Gimme coffee and an idea on how to deal with my sister," Lauren sighed. Madison slid a cup towards her and leaned on the countertop.

"Be honest with her. Don't blow your lid and just keep it calm," Madison replied with a shrug, "you don't want to ruin your relationship with her."

"But-"

"No. Lauren, you know she didn't mean anything bad by it."

Lauren huffed, staring down into her coffee. She knew Madison was right. She just didn't know if she was mad at Taylor or Camila. She'd thought they trusted each other; finally thought Camila might stop trying to arrest her.

"You know she was just trying to protect Taylor." Madison's voice brought Lauren out of her reverie.

"Who-"

"Camila," Madison shrugged before chuckling under her breath, "we both know I had no chance while she was in your life. And from what I can tell she plans to be around for a while."

Lauren could feel the small flush creeping up her neck at the thought; Camila in her life for a long time... she would be so lucky.

"Yeah, trying to bring down the family," Lauren joked around the rim of her mug.

"Oh please," Madison scoffed, "everyone knows it's just an excuse to see you more often."

"I'll remind you you said that the next time she actually arrests me," Lauren murmured.

"Like you'd let her get one over on you again," Madison laughed, filling up her own mug. "Now, are you ready to go see Taylor?"

----

Lauren was not ready. Not by a long shot. She was just glad it was a Saturday. Taylor would be at home and Lauren could get this over with before her community service.

There was a ding as the elevator came to a stop, Lauren trailed after Madison, staring down at her phone. A collection of notifications stared back at her.

All of them were from Camila.

She doesn't even remember if she gave Camila her number, or if Camila had ever messaged her before.

Madison nudged her and Lauren looked up; Taylor had answered the door.

"We need to talk."

Taylor frowned but let them into the apartment.

"Mum's at work right now, and lord knows where Chris is-"

"Just you." Lauren cut her off and folded her arms. Granted in a loose sweatshirt and sweatpants it didn't have it's usual intimidation.

"O-kay?"

"You hired Camila to bring me down," Lauren felt her heart clench as Taylor's eyes widened and she swallowed roughly.

"Laur- I was just- you- I-" Taylor stuttered and Lauren let her hands fall to her sides and a small smile cross her face.

"I'm not mad Tay. I just want to know why."

"You're... not mad?" Taylor asked slowly, glancing back at Madison who shrugged at her.

"No. Well maybe yesterday I was. But Madison here talked some sense into me," Lauren wandered over to the dining table and sat down. "So why don't we just talk."