[ 038 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ in harms way; part five ]

━━━━━━━━━━

The group stood around the table with the walkie. The other one was under Kassidy's pillow. They had been discussing the plan again all morning.

"Okay, we're all here," Kenny started.

Rebecca looked at him, "We need to get the radio to Luke. What's the issue?"

"We need to choose who's gonna get him the radio, before we–"

Just then the bay door opened and Tavia stepped out. Kenny grabbed the radio and hid it behind him. "Come on, get up. Daylights burning."

Ollie flinched at the banging of the bay door.

Tavia laughed, "Little pussy, aren't we?" she joked.

Sarah looked around, "Wait, where's my dad?"

"Working. Which is where you all are going. Nick, Oliver, Sarah, Rebecca, Jane. If you guys need to take a piss, do it now. Cause break won't be for a while. Troy will be coming for the rest of you."

"Why just them?" Kenny questioned.

Tavia rolled her eyes, "As I said, Troy's coming for the rest of you."

They walked out of the rest area, leaving Kass, Clem, Kenny, and Mike behind.

"Alright, we need to do this NOW," Kenny started. "If Luke's our best shot, then we meet up with him."

Mike nodded, "Gimme the radio. I'll do it. Where's the meeting place?"

"Mike. Kass or Clem should do it."

Mike scoffed, bewildered, "Are you fucking nuts?! No way, I mean, they're just kids!"

"So what? Me and Clem can handle ourselves. Plus, we've seen the same crap you have Mike. So don't say "they're just kids" cause frankly, I'm about tired of people telling us that. Oh, oh. AND. I'm fifteen. I'd hardly call that a kid," Kass argued.

Kenny nodded, "And they know Luke. So they–"

Suddenly the bay door opened again and it was that ugly fucker, Troy. Kenny quickly hide the walkie talkie behind him.

Troy smirked, "Alright little chickens. Let's get to pecking. And don't think today will be like yesterday. Cause if I see any of you fucking around, I won't go easy on you. This rooster is watching your ass all day. You hear? Got that, Kassidy and Clementine?"

"Yessir," Clem said and looked down slightly.

Kassidy didn't answer him.

"I'm gonna need an answer from you, girlie!" he snapped.

Kass huffed and waved her hand dismissively, "Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

"Okay, then. Let's go."

Kenny gasped and Kass glanced at him as he turned to Clem. "You have your pockets all out," he spoke up as he shoved the walkie into Clem's coat pocket.- quite suspiciously if you asked Kassidy. But she doubted Troy would notice.

"Gonna get you tags all, snagged on somethin'" he added.

Troy still glared at him, to which he shrugged, "Let's go. We ain't got all day."

They walked out of the rest area and headed to their workstations when Bonnie came up to them, "Hey, they're with me."

"Oh, shit, I almost forgot!" he exclaimed.