[ 021 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ no time left; part two ]

━━━━━━━━━━

The walkers had arrived at the mansion the group was staying in, causing them to all run inside and stand in a circle, trying to figure out what to do.

"They shouldn't get in through the backyard, right?" Kenny asked, worried, but right as asked, the sound of the shed being torn down and walkers getting closer met their ears.

"Nope," Kassidy quickly responded.

"We can secure the place!" Christa exclaimed, looking around.

"Christa, get on the windows in the front room! Check the boards!" Lee ordered.

"On it!"

"Kenny, move anything you can up against the doors and windows!"

"That's what I was thinking!"

"Ben! Help Christa!"

"Kassidy, kill anything that gets in!" Lee exclaimed, watching when she gave him a confused look.

"But I don't have my gun!"

"Oh right. Here!" Lee exclaimed, handing her handgun and Katjaa's revolver back to her.

"Thanks," Kassidy grinned up at him. Lee smiled down at her, turning to Omid, who had a shocked expression on his face.

"Omid!" Lee exclaimed, pausing and tilting his head, "What is it?" Omid didn't answer, but instead bolted toward the front door, where there were walkers about to crash through.

"EVERYONE, HELP OMID!!!" Lee exclaimed as ran ahead, but a walker grabbed him from the doggy door.

Kassidy yelped in fear for Lee, looking for anything sharp and finding a cleaver in one of the drawers. She cut at the walkers hand until it chopped clean off.

Kassidy handed the cleaver to Lee who immediately got up and ran to the door, using his body weight to keep it closed with the help of the others.

"Cut off their arms!" Kenny ordered Lee, who quickly cut all of their arms off, slamming the door shut, everyone sighing in relief.

"Now what?" Ben asked.

"Get ready to fight," Lee warned him and the rest of the group.

"This place seems pretty sturdy to me. I think we're fine." Immediately after the words left Christa’s mouth, walkers broke down the back door and living room windows.

"Sturdy my ass! Get upstairs!" Lee exclaimed.

The group rushed up the stairs, shooting walkers from the top. Lee stopped a few times to take down some walkers with the cleaver before he ran back upstairs with everyone else, who were still shooting walkers on the bottom floor.

"Guys, help me with this!" Kenny exclaimed, making everyone look over and see him trying to push a heavy desk. They pushed the desk over to the end of the hallway and made a miniature barricade with the desk, running back to the user end of the hallway.

"What do we do now?" Kassidy and Ben asked, worried as they glanced at each other.

"That'll slow 'em down. We get to the end of the hallway... and take a fucking stand."

"That's good enough for me!" Kassidy exclaimed, scoffing.

"We can't let ourselves get trapped," Lee reminded them with a huff of air, shaking his head.