[ 015 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ around every corner; part two ]

━━━━━━━━━━

Christa and Kassidy helped Omid onto the couch in the living room. Omid grunted in pain as he laid down.

"Oh, sorry," Kassidy apologized.

"Oh no, it's okay. I'm just glad that I'm off my feet, thanks you guys," Omid thanked her and Christa.

"Now just try and get some rest. Okay?" Christa said as she kissed him on the cheek. Kassidy groaned in disgust.

"Hey now, soon that's gonna happen to you, kid," Omid teased.

Kass blushed and discreetly glanced at Ben. "Doubt it," she scoffed, covering up the flustered mess she was becoming.

"The hell it is," Kenny scoffed.

Omid was the only one who noticed who she looked at and cocked a brow, smirking.

"Shut up..." she muttered.

"Should we look to see if anyone's here?" Kassidy asked.

Lee nodded, "Good thinking, Kass."

"Lee, you take downstairs, Ben and I can do upstairs," Kenny said, pulling out his gun. "Make sure you check every locked door, understand?"

"Then we can get Omid fixed up," Clementine said, looking over at Omid, who was laying on the couch, pain written all over his face.

"Yeah, maybe," Kenny made his way upstairs. "Can I help?" Clem asked.

Lee smiled down at her. "Why don't you go on over to Christa and Omid and see if you can help?"

Clem looked over at the two before looking up at a big painting of what she was guessing to be the people who used to live here. A husband, wife, a son, and a dog.

She walked over to get a better look, "I wonder what happened to that family?"

"Well, whatever happened to them, they sure did left in a hurry. There's nothing left in here from what I can tell," Kass chimed in, answering her question.

"Do you think they made it?" the little girl asked.

"Maybe," Kassidy responded.

"They could be in the city somewhere. You never know," Clem told her. That's when she noticed Kass eyeballing something.

"What is it?"

"I think I heard something behind that door," she whispered, pointing to a door on the left side of the fireplace. She picked up a fire poker, grabbed the door nob and slowly turned it. She opened it quickly as a few rats ran out, causing Kassidy flinch in surprise.

"Are you girls okay?" Lee asked concerned.

"Just some rats," Kassidy replied.

"I've already checked in there. It's just an empty bathroom," Kassidy said as she pointed at the door that lead to the small bathroom.

"Find anything useful?" Lee asked her.

"Nope," Kassidy sighed.

"Okay, be careful, don't go outside," Lee said to Clem as he walked off to explore more of the house.

Clem sat down on a chair next to Kassidy as they waited on what we were gonna do next. They talked about what they were gonna do once they find a safe place on the Florida when Lee and Christa walked up to them.