[ 018 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ around every corner; part five ]

━━━━━━━━━━

Later that night, the group had been waiting for Vernon to get back so they could begin the break-in at Crawford. Christa loaded her pistol, Kenny and Kass were in the shed looking through the tools, Ben stood by the gate waiting for Vernon, and Molly was looking through her map. Lee and Clementine walked out of the house to meet up with the rest of them.

"Everyone grab the things you need from the shed, there's hacksaws, screwdrivers– they'll probably be useful on our little break in," Kenny spoke up, watching as Lee got closer.

"Hey Lee, can I talk to you in private for a minute?" Kenny asked. Lee looked down at Clem and had been about to say something when she cut him off.

"Yeah I know, I'll go over to Kass and talk to her," Clem replied with sass. Lee just smiled and walked with Kenny toward the back door. The curly haired girl walked over to Kass, who had still been looking at the boat.

"Hey, Kass," Clem greeted in a chipper tone.

"Oh. Hey, Clem," Kass responded as she fixed a grin on her face, watching the younger girl.

They heard the gate open, and looked over to see Vernon with a woman with ginger hair, wearing a heart necklace.

"Who the hell is this?" Kenny asked, brows scrunched together.

"This is Brie," Vernon told them. "She can help us."

"Good," Lee concluded after a moment. "We're going to need all the help we can get."

"I was a student at the school where Crawford keeps their supplies," Brie informed. "I know the layout.”

"Then what are we waiting for?" Molly asked, pulling her hood up. "Let's get moving."

"Hold on just a second," Lee crouched in front Clem. "You ready?" he asked.

Clem stopped in front of Lee while Kass did the same with her father.

"Ready," Clem confirmed with a smile.

"What about you kiddo? You ready?" Kenny asked, grinning down at his daughter.

"I sure am," Kass responded, a smirk plastered onto her face.

"Whoa, hang on a minute," Vernon chimed in. "You're not taking them with us. Did you not hear anything I said about the kind of place Crawford is? If you take them in there and they find them–"

"Kassidy's not just extra weight. She's a damn fine shot with her pistol. We could definitely use that if everything goes to shit. And she's my daughter so I'm sure as hell not leaving her here alone," Kenny explained, patting her on the back.

"Same with Clementine. These little girls aren't just excess baggage," Lee added, ignoring the glare from Kassidy at being called a little girl. "They've gotten us out of tight spots more than once. They're coming. Deal with it."

"And, I'm still older than that damned 'no one under thirteen' rule they made up," Kass chimed in with a sneer.

"You heard the man, let's get going," Kenny spoke, walking ahead. Ben held out a hatchet to Lee and the man harshly swept it out of his hand.

And so, the group made their way out of the backyard, and onto the streets behind them.

━━━━━━━━━━