[ 010 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ long road ahead; part two ]

━━━━━━━━━━

"Daddy!" Kassidy cried out.

"It's alright darlin' ain't nothing gonna happen to you," Kenny replied, staring under at his daughter in worry.

"Now. Where's our supplies!" One of the bandits orders and starts to walk about in front of us.

"We don't know what the hell y'all are talking about!" Kenny argued as the bandit aimed the gun at his face.

"Don't play dumb with me! Where are they?!" He orders when he noticed Lee walking past the RV with his hands in the air, but no Lilly though.

"Take it easy," Lee says calmly as one of the bandits pointed a gun at him. "Listen, we don't want no trouble. Alright?" Lee tried to tell them but by the look of them, they weren't willing to oblige.

"You made the mistake of not giving us our supplies, that's what brought you trouble! Now... hand them over or some people are gonna get hurt!" The bandit with the ski mask pointed his gun to the back of Kenny's head, hinting for the others to do the same.

"We can split the supplies we have. How does that sound?" Lee offered as the ski-masked bandit thought for a moment.

"Well, I suppose we should hash out some terms then," he responded as another bandit looked at him, "I don't like no hash."

Kassidy clutched her chest, breathing heavily. Oh no. Not a panic attack, not a panic attack, not a panic attack. She chanted as she tried to slow her breathing. "Fuck!" 

"Man, shut up or I'll-"

BANG!

Blood poured from his head as he fell, a hole in his forehead. Katjaa, Kenny, Duck, Clem and Kass ran, while Carley quickly grabbed a fallen gun, shooting two of the three other guys before running out of ammo. Lee managed to shoot him in the leg, but not before he let out a whistle as he crawled over the fence.

Dozens of bandits appeared, yelling and shooting, pushing down the fence as they tried to get in. Clem and Kass were hiding behind a crate as more men ran in, Katjaa holding Duck beside them. They could hear Lee shooting, as Carley and Ben jumped into the RV.

"Help!" Katjaa yelled.

"Katjaa!" Lee looked over to them from his spot behind the RV. "Hang on!"

They heard a growl and a scream. The walkers were here.

Lee shot three down. "Come on! Quickly!"

Kass and Clem ran over to Lee, Clem throwing her arms around his shoulder.

"Clem! Get inside the RV! It's going to be okay, go!"

"MOM, DUCK!!!" Kassidy screamed in fear as someone- she couldn't tell who -held her back from running to them, just watching Katjaa and Duck, who were pinned under a walker.

Lee shot it as Kenny ran out of the RV. "Oh, Christ!" Kenny helped them up. "Come on!" They climbed into the RV, Kass following.

"Lilly! Come on! Get in the RV!" Lee yelled.

"Screw her!" Kenny snapped. "Let her stay," he leaned down, trying to start the engine.

"Lilly!" Lee called. "Last chance! Get in the RV!"

"Got it!" Kenny grinned, and without even looking to see if everyone was in, took off, speeding out of the carpark, and out to the open road, just as Lilly jumped in at the last second before the RV drove off through the barrier with everyone.