[ 035 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ in harms way; part two ]

━━━━━━━━━━

Troy walked over to Clementine and kicked her slightly, waking her up as she looked up at him, "Don't kick me! It's rude!"

Troy scoffed, "Whatever. Bill wants a word with all of you. Wake up your friend above you." He walked off and Clementine got up, noticing Kassidy sleeping like a baby. She shook her and she sat up.

Kassidy yawned, "What's going on?"

"Carver wants a word with us," Clem replied.

Kassidy sighed and hopped off the bunk. The girls walked over to the rest of the group and the door opened. It was Carver with some other guards.

"There's been some increased walker activity along the fence, so be mindful when outside the walls. The herd has moved closer to our base, but that doesn't mean we'll be hit. Now...I know you're a little upset at what happened yesterday, but that's all in the past now. So some of you are new to my community. Others are runaways. But know that you can find your redemption here. Forgiveness, through what will undoubtedly be hard work," he explained.

Oliver was staring at Carver. The scar faced teen was shaking in rage and fear.

As Carver continued his speech, Sarah leaned over to Kassidy and Clementine, "How did you guys sleep? I was so tired. The beds aren't very comfortable."

Clementine discretely said, "Pay attention. We'll talk later."

Oliver merely glanced at Sarah, "Sari, please..."

"Okay, sure. I just thought that-"

Kassidy quietly hissed, "Sarah, shut up!"

"Carlos!" Carver snapped.

They jumped at the sound Carver's voice. He looked at Carlos dead in the eye, "Your daughter seems to be in need of correction."

Carlos nodded, "Right, um... Sarah. Sa-say you're sorry to Mr. Carver."

Sarah nervously looked down at her feet, "I'm sorry, sir."

Carver scoffed, "Oh no. That won't cut it. I can't have this kind of behavior on day one of your reform. You discipline that child."

Carlos gulped, looking around, "How do you propose I–"

"One good smack across the mouth should do it. It'll make her think twice before opening it up again. Go ahead, we'll wait."

Everyone stood still at Carver's order. Kass and Clem looked at Sarah with worry.

Oliver gulped. He wanted to say something. He really wanted to, but... His hand flew to the long and jagged scar on his cheek. He couldn't.

Sarah looked at him, expecting him to say something to stop it. "Ollie...?" she whimpered in fear.

Carlos started, "I'm not sure with my hand I could–"

"Well, that's why God gave you two hands. And not some namby pamby thing, all right? A good hard smack. Otherwise, I'll have Troy do it. You wouldn't want that. He can be a little...overzealous. Is that the word?"

"If it means I'll slap the shit out of her, then yeah," he boasted with a smirk.

"It was my fault!" Clem exclaimed, Kassidy sighing. 

"Hey! No one's fuckin talking to you!" Troy snapped.

Carver waved his hand at him, telling him to let it go. He looked over at Kass and Clem "Unless you want one of what she's about to get, I'd pipe down, missy."