rick shook his head, "our only option is up."

     the marksman started to list off possible things that could have affected their placement, "high ground. good cover."

     "means one floor up. that's where the calibers are." she shrugged.

     "yeah, i'd put them up there, too." rick drawled, sticking the map into the front pocket of his t-shirt.

     daryl pointed up to a door, "stairs."

     the door didn't open though, the doorknob rattling. he gave it one hard kick and it swung open almost taking the whole door off its hinges.

     rosa grabbed rhaegar's vest giving him a slight shove up between her and daryl. when they arrived on the second floor, it was dark and they had to climb up to the entrance which daryl had forced open.

     he grunted, pushing himself up and then held a hand out to rosaline to help her onto the floor, then rick. rhaegar managed to clear the jump and get up himself.

     "last floor. the guns have gotta be up here." rick pointed out, giving the two a nod.

     daryl sized the place up, "he said they'd be here."

     "everything else he passed you is checking out." the leader reassured, seeing as he was beginning to have doubts about the legitimacy of what dwight had given him.

     "that guy's a piece of shit." he insulted with a look of disgust.

     rosaline scanned for any sign of the guns, "he's our only option to find them though."

     "not our only one." daryl shot back.

     "those guns get to the sanctuary, they could cut through those walkers and free up the exit." rick explained, "we'll go faster if we split up. you two can go together or on your own. your call. i find the m2's, you two find 'em, we use them, hit the courtyard right then and there."

     he nodded looking to rosa, "come with me. we can end this quick."

     she dipped her head, trailing after him. the couple entered an office block room with their weapons up, daryl going first. there was no one inside, yet again. so he shut the door behind them lightly and continued to press on in the search of the guns.

     one thing he'd stumbled upon was a small enclosed room. just like the one he'd been put in at the sanctuary. rosaline looked over his shoulder noticing a lonesome plate with rotting food and handcuffs connected to a few pipes running across the wall.

     her nose scrunched up, as well as her brows. she noticed daryl's conflicted expression. softly, she placed her hand upon his shoulder, giving it a comforting squeeze.

     he looked down in silence, resting his chin on top of her head momentarily. she felt so much hurt for what he'd been subjected to by negan and the other saviors when he'd been taken.

     a low growl emitted from rhaegar's throat, his ears flattening against his head in agitation.

     "what is it, rhaegar?" she asked, bending down and patting his head. it was apparent that this part of the building was empty, yet he seemed on edge.

     he barked, nipping her hand lightly and taking the sleeve of her shirt between his fangs. the dog wanted her to follow him.

     "let's go after him." daryl muttered.

     the pair hurried through the hallways coming to a door. in the room they ended up in, there were two figures. rick and another man. his voice sounded oddly familiar.