You pulled the branch higher, but you weren't very strong, so you opted to help him fight off the souls trying to hitch a ride on him by throwing whatever you could at them, even going as far as to use your sandals. After quite the struggle, he managed to get up on the small ledge.

After a moment, the god started to speak. "Hey toots, thanks for the help. Names Hades." You nodded. "(Y/n), glad I could help." Hades then stood up, extending a hand. "Let's finds our way out of here." You took his hand, and he picked you up in a one-armed bridal carry, pulling out more rock for him to walk on with the other arm. You were exhausted, so it didn't take long for you to fall asleep in the surprisingly warm god's arms.

Dr. Facilier
You were a reaper who sorted out the souls of dead voodoo users. It was usually slow going for you, but today you had at least one soul to reap. Dr. Facilier, age 32. Cause of death, dragged to death by his "friends on the other side." You thought this was just going to be a routine reap, but boy were you wrong.

As you went to claim his soul, he saw you, and tried to run, but found he was stuck in place. He looked at you with such fear in his eyes, that you felt a tug on your undead heartstrings. You gently extended your hand, saying, "Amare Facilier, your time is up, it's time to go." He swallowed thickly, and reluctantly took your hand. You began the journey with Amare in tow.

When you finally got to where he needed to be, you stopped in shock. All the other souls you had collected were gone. You started shaking, knowing how much trouble this could cause for humanity. "What's the matter?" Facilier's voice broke you out of your thoughts. "All the other souls are gone. They're back on earth, this is bad." Your voice was quiet and wobbly, but he heard you loud and clear.

"Well, I'm assuming the rest were voodoo users as well, so they should know that they need to stay here and not mess with the natural order of things. Of course, I probably would have done the same thing, but still." You nodded, letting go of his hand.

"You need to stay here while I go get the other souls." Amare nodded, replying, "Or you could take me with you. They probably still have all their voodoo powers and learned a couple of new tricks to repel you. I can help in gathering them with my voodoo." You reluctantly nodded, knowing that that was probably the best idea, but you knew he wanted to escapes as well.

"Alright, but I'm using my own bit of magic so I know where you are at all times." He nodded, and you quickly cast the spell. This was the beginning of a very long and tiresome journey.

Human!scar:
You were cast out of your tribe for your blindness. They left you in unfamiliar territory, but after a while, you were able to start a new life for yourself. Living in a hollowed-out tree and hunting what you could, along with a small garden. You lived a peaceful life, but it was about to get a lot more interesting, as well as a bit easier.

You were doing your usual rounds, listening for any small animals that you could easily catch. But you heard something different, grunting and heavy footsteps. You went towards it, "Is anyone there?" You heard a voice call, "Yes, I'm right in front of you. Are blind or something?" You could tell he was male from the pitch of his voice, and you went close to him. "Why yes, I am. You sound injured, I can take you to my home and give you bandages and healing salves." You felt him grab your hand, telling you to lead the way.

You were soon at the tree, and you let go of his hand to grab what he needed, and handed it to him. "If you need any help, just hide my hands to where they need to be." You heard a grunt of acknowledgment, and then there were a couple of moments of silence.

"So you live like this?" You heard him ask. "Live like what?" You heard him sigh. "In a tree, barely able to get enough food for yourself with no one to help you?" You nodded, replying, "I kind of have to. My tribe kicked me out because I'm blind. And because I'm blind, it's really hard for me to build a proper house or hunt. I do the best I can with what I have. By the way, what's your name? I'm (y/n)." You heard a grunt of pain before the salves and bandages were handed back to you. "I'm Scar, and since you seem like such a pathetic creature, I guess I'll have to stick around to make sure you don't die."

You giggled a bit. He didn't say it very nicely, but you could tell it was his way of saying thank you and repaying you. This would certainly be interesting.
———————————————————————————
Alright! The first chapter is done! If you came here from "to Cheer her up" welcome! I hope you enjoy this book too. You can send me suggestions, but I won't do lemons. Maybe a bit of lime, but I'm just uncomfortable doing those kinds of things. But suggest away! They probably won't come till later as I've got to establish the storyline first, and I'll make a page just for suggestions with the rules and whatnot.

Have a wonderful day/night lovelies!!!