16- Ransom Drysdale

Word Count: 2012

"Y/N, where are you? I'm almost there," Ransom, my boyfriend of two years, said from the other end of the phone call. "Babe don't worry, I should be there a few minutes after you arrive," I said.

"Alright see you in a bit, I love you," he said and hung up the phone once I said the last three words back to him. I put my phone back in my bag and continued my way to the Thrombey mansion.

Once I got there I saw many cars outside including Ransoms' and a few police cars. I parked my car behind Ransom's and got out. I walked up to his car to see he was still sitting in there.

I walked up next to the door and knocked on the window. He looked at me then got out of the car. "Hey sunshine," he greeted then kissed me softly.

"Let's go inside so we don't get yelled at as much," I stated and he nodded. We began walking up to the front door but were stopped when the dogs ran up to us.

"No, no, no. Hey, stop!" He yelled at the dogs and trying to get away from them. "Hey puppies," I said happily and pet the dogs and distracting them from Ransom.

"They are dogs, not puppies Y/N," Ransom said and turned back to look at me. "Yeah I know," I sighed and walked up to Ransom so we could walk in.

"Hugh Drysdale? Y/N Y/L/N?" A police officer asked as he stepped in front of the door along with another cop.

"Call me Ransom, it's my middle name. Only the help calls me Hugh," Ransom said as he walked right past them pulling me along with him.

"We just want to ask you two some questions," the same officer said and Ransom stopped and looked at them. He raised an eyebrow then turned back to walk inside.

"Excuse me, sir? Miss?" The other officer asked as they followed us inside. "We are officers of the law," he began saying. "You gonna run us in? We don't feel like talking." Ransom spoke for both of us.

He did that a lot when we were with his family but it wasn't too often that happened. "Alright what is this? What's this arrangement?" Ransom asked as he grabbed a bag of cookies and walked back near the door.

"Mr. Drysdale," a random guy asked, I'm guessing he worked with the cops. "CSI: KFC?" Ransom asked then walked past everyone with me trailing behind.

"Hey Franny, how about a glass of cold milk," Ransom said as we walking into the living room where the rest of his family was.

"Hey, asshole. Not her name, not her job," Meg said. "Hey Meg, how's the SJW degree coming?" Ransom asked her as he sat down in an empty chair. "Trust fund prick," she snapped back.

"Alright guys," his aunt Joni started to say. "Hey everyone, I'm just gonna be in the other room, uh setting up, be ready in ten minutes." The man said who will be reading the will.

Ransom looked up at me and pulled me down to sit on his lap as he ate the cookies. I took one and ate it then smiled at him which he returned the smile.

"Funny Ransom, you skipped the funeral but you and your girlfriend are early for the will reading," his uncle said and everyone looked at us.

"Okay people grieve in different ways, let's not-" Joni started to say as Ransom just had a smirk on his face. He knew he got under his family's skin and annoyed them.

"You know what, it's funny you're here at all. Why are you even bothering, it's what I'm asking myself." His uncle stated and his father joined in the conversation.

An argument began with Ransom's dad calling his cousin a creep. "Oh, my sons a creep," his uncle said and eyed Ransom and I. "He was joyously masturbating to dead deer," his father said motioning to his cousin.