12- Arvin Russell

Word Count: 1508

"Hey Y/N how are you?" I heard Lenora ask as she walked next to me. We were currently walking to our last class of the day.

"I'm okay, just a little tired," I said and we walked into the class. "Yeah same, hey I was wondering if you would want to come over after school," she asked me.

We took our seats next to each other and I nodded, "Sure why not." "Okay cool," she said.

When the school day was over, we quickly ran out of the school so the school bullies wouldn't get us.

We ran to Lenora's brother's car. I got in the back seat as Lenora sat in the passenger seat.

"Arvin drive," Lenora said as the bullies burst through the school doors. Arvin, I'm guessing his name is, stepped on the gas pedal and we drove off.

"So Y/N this is my brother Arvin, Arvin this is my best friend Y/N." Lenore introduced us.

"Nice to meet you, Arvin," I said and he nodded and stayed silent. "Arvin, don't be disrespectful," Lenora scolded him.

He scuffed then said, "You too." Lenora was about to scold him again but I reached over the seat and patted her shoulder.

"It's okay," I said and she nodded. I sat back in my seat and we arrived at the church. "Oh I forgot you come here to pray," I said.

"Yeah, but we are going back to our house after. I won't be too long, but in the meantime, you can hang out with Arvin." She said and I nodded as she grabbed some things.

She left the car and made her way over to her mother's grave. Arvin took out a pack of cigarettes and lit one and put it to his mouth.

"You know those kill you," I informed him. He looked back at me, "Can I take a drag?" I asked and he chuckled.

"So you're telling me that cigarettes are bad but now you want me to share it?" He asked and I nodded.

"Alright then," he said and passed the cigarette to me and I brought it up to my lips and inhaled deeply.

I could instantly feel the calming sensation wash over me. I removed the cancer stick and exhaled the smoke. I smiled at him and handed the cigarette back.

He smiled back at him and held the cigarette between his fingers. "You know, you aren't as bad as I thought you were going to be." He said.

I raised an eyebrow and took the cigarette back, "Oh yeah? What did you think I was going to be?" I asked and inhaled the toxins.

"I thought you were going to be this annoying cheerleader that leads every guy on and lets guys get in your pants," Arvin said and looked back to where his sister is.

"And how do you know I'm not like that?" I asked slyly and smirked at him as his head turned quickly to face me.

"Well I hope not, or else I won't let Lenora be near you." He said a bit sternly. "Don't worry I'm not like that."

"I surprised I'm actually talking to a guy and having a good time. Usually, it goes downhill quickly," I laughed and he smiled.

"You seem pretty cool and calm," he commented and I nodded. "That's because of the cigarette, it really helps but I hate them," I said.

"Hey guys, did you two get along," Lenora asked as she got into the car. "Nope, not at all," Arvin said but in a monotone way.

I was a bit confused but shook it off, he probably didn't want his sister to think we were friends.