Chapter Forty One.

Start from the beginning

'Okay, so what are the plans for the wedding?' Dad asked, leaning forward onto the desk. I could feel Jacob's eyes burning into my skin. Elizabeth was standing behind Dad, a smug look on her face as she watched me.

'It will be tomorrow...' Ryan said, holding Adrienne's hand, she didn't say or do anything. She just kept still. Jacob stepped forward but his friends pulled him back. Elizabeth looked over to Jacob and arched her eyebrows in a demanding way.

'I think someone seems to have a problem with that, George' Elizabeth darted her eyes over to Jacob, I sighed inwardly.

'I don't' Jacob lied. 'I just need the bathroom'

Dad nodded slowly, putting a gun on the desk. Ryan stepped forward and put it in his blazer. I wonder what that's for. 'If there's any problems...you know what to do' Ryan nodded slowly before leaving the room, I followed them.

'Cole, come back' Dad commanded, I turned around and closed the door. 

'Yeah..' I said, trying to ignore Jacob's death glares and clenched fists and trying knock the image of those fists flattening out my face. I sat on the chair and did my best to look as comfortable as possible.

'Is there something wrong?' Dad asked, his voice changing. For once, he actually sounded like a Dad. I shook my head and shrugged. 'Nothing, just darn homework piling up' Dad chuckled and leaned back in his chair. I laughed along with him then stopped.

'Why don't you marry me off instead of Adrienne?' I blurted out, me and my huge mouth.

'Damon doesn't have any daughters' Dad informed. 'If he did, you would have a wedding band on your finger and a stuck up wife'

Who wants a stuck up wife, not I. 'I'm going to leave now...can Jacob escort me to the kitchen?'

Dad looked over to Jacob and nodded. I jerked my head to the door and Jacob followed me, As soon as the doors closed behind us, he had me pinned up against the wall again. My back was just recovering from the previous pin-up.  His nose was flared and his body shook-literally-with anger.

'You've messed up' Jacob growled, locking his hand around my neck. 'It's too late now...'

'The plan's still on' I retorted. 'You're supposed to kiss her' Jacob let me go and I fell onto the floor, the guy needs to see a shrink. I fixed my clothes and got up. 'You really have to stop doing that!' 

'Can't...' Jacob smirked. 'It's fun to see you whimper' I scowled and he pushed me in the direction of the stairs, I turned the corner to see Ryan and Adrienne talking. Adrienne looked slightly worried and Ryan was trying to convince her that everything was alright.

'Don't you think it's too soon?' Adrienne sighed. 'I do love you, It's just I want to wait a little while'

'If you love me then why wait?' Ryan hissed, annoyance clear in his voice. 'When we're married, we can go away-somewhere nice, anywhere you want'

Jacob caught up with me and was about to turn the corner when I held him back. He was about to say something, when I placed my finger over my lips. and jerked my thumb towards Ryan and Adrienne.

'Please, Ryan' Adrienne begged. 'I just want to wait...'

Ryan mumbled something to Adrienne and she smiled. 

'I can't take this anymore' Jacob started walking around the corner, It was too late for me to hold him back. I followed him around the corner. 'What's going on here?' I asked, looking at Adrienne who scowled at me.

'Nothing, we're just talking' Ryan grinned at Adrienne. 'Aren't we?'

Adrienne nodded. 'Yup-Just talking!'