A Soul Surrender Chapter 22

Start from the beginning

I could also feel the heart-breaking separation and it was killing me from the inside out, and I hated that the lump in my throat was threatening to choke me, and the tears that were arriving in my eyes simply wouldn't freaking leave. Why couldn't he just understand? Why can't he just understand that the things I do are for him, Marley, Clary, Fred, Sam, Tonks, Max, The Weaslys, and for the whole damn world?? Why can't he understand that what I do is for everybody's sake?

"How can he understand if you do not explain it to him child.." Abria's words echoed endlessly through the dark cave called my messed up mind.

"No! because I'm trying to protect you! Damn it!"

Fire exploded in me, and I had to let out the frustration, the pain, the anger, the frustration, and the flame...

A wave of fire sprung out of my hand and ran straight into the living room peach walls, leaving a coal stain.

That's when I let my tears fall.

I looked down at my hands to see them blush in a furious red...

That's right...Fire reacts to my emotions, to my needs, and to my calls when I need help the most. I had to be more careful...But I never felt more damn freaking angry!

My eyes widened when I saw warm hands wrapped themselves around my wrists, while the fingers locked away the key and pulled me forward.

I looked up to see concern sparkling in George's dark blue eyes, and the cold expression was softened and gone as he gently laid his forehead against mine, never taking his eyes from mine.

"What are you trying to protect me from Love...What.." He murmured quietly.

"From Sebastian...From this war...From Lily....From everything....and sometimes from me.." I whispered the last part so quietly, that I could barely hear myself.

"Love...I don't want you to protect me. You can't save me from everything and everybody. You're always trying to protect everybody. Why don't you just let me protect you?" He dropped his hands from my wrists, and for a second I felt a lonely cold start to build inside me, but it disintegrated when he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into a comforting embrace as I laid my head against his chest, and I could hear his heart beating fast...

It was weirdly and abnormally my lullaby.

And the answer to his question slipped by my tongue before I could stop it..

"Because you're the one that could hurt me the most..." I whispered.

I was expecting him to push me away and yell at me, tell me that he didn't love me, or just something horrible that would make me feel more alone and hurt then I already was...

But he didn't.

Instead, his grip around my waist tightened and pulled me closer.

"How do you think I felt when I saw that guy kiss yo? I felt like everything in me just bloody died...The world around me just stopped and I felt lost and I couldn't breathe. I felt like you just ripped my heart right out in front of me without a care in the world...I thought I lost you for good..."

As he said this, more and more tears came in by the dozen as I just pressed my face into his chest, trying hard to hide my guilt, but wrapped my arms around him to comfort him at the same time, even though I didn't deserve to.

I just let him finish, and decided to listen instead.

"If anything...You're the one that hurts me more than anyone else because you have a hold on me that I just...I just can't explain. Even though I was mad at you and that bloody bastard... I couldn't stay mad for long when I saw the look on your face when you told me that you loved me more...I loved you all over again, and I never loved anyone more than I love you. Not even Lily drove me this bloody nuts...And after that memory we had I learned that.. It's the ones we love the most that have the power to hurt us the most...But you have to trust me that I won't hurt you...I'm giving you my heart a second time Love, and I'm trusting you not to break it a third. Do you trust me?"