A Soul Surrender Chapter 22

Chapter 22: Tainted Jealousy

"Love...Please wake up."

George...

I would know his voice anywhere, and I also know that I'm still incredibly pissed off at him. I still can't get my head around the fact that the girl he couldn't let go was Liliy. The queen of bitches and drama queens everywhere. The girl born without a heart or a caring bone in her body. I don't want to wake up. I don't want to go back because I know we will have another fight, and I sure as hell will be the one to start it.

"Please wake up Love...You know I can't live without you...Please.." I could smell his minty breath fill my senses as he whispered into my ear, begging.

Then as if reading my thoughts he said,

"She means nothing to me...You are everything to me. When will you understand that Aly? When?" He practically hissed at the end of his sentence.

I mentally sighed.

I don't know if I can believe him...I mean this was the so-called girl he still had feelings for when we were on the Eiffel Tower together, and even though he said he fell in love with me, I'm scared that he will go back to her...I mean why wouldn't he? I just kind of cheated on him with Sebastian in front of his face, just like the bitch said. What if we were wrong for each other? I mean how did he go from evil bitch of the world to a half witch half vampire with more issues than an alcoholic? What if we weren't meant to be together? What if we shouldn't be soul mates? What if Fate made the wrong choice...

What if I made the wrong choice...

"Fate is never wrong young one...Never..." Abria's voice echoed in my mind.

"Do you still love her..." I whispered, my eyes still closed.

"Do you still love him?" George countered, and thats when I opened my eyes, feeling my doubt about love increasing more than it should as I sat up and looked straight into George's blue eyes. They were calm and paient, but sercretly daring me to answer the question that we both knew the answer to.

"He's ...a different story..And you know it." I glared at him as he narrowed his eyes at me, anger already swarming in them.

"No...No I don't know Aly because you would never give me a straight answer! You would never give me the truth!"

"Yes I do!!" I flat out lied as I stood up in rage.

If I lied to him...It was always to protect him.

It's not like I lied about Sebastian! It's not like I didn't try to make a choice, and stick with it. This was a connection beyond even my understanding, and it was something I was fighting on my own. Something that George would never understand. In the end I would always chose him, but my question is if he would always choose me...

"We both know that it's a lie! Another one to add to the pile!" George stood up throwing his arms in the air in frustration.

I just shook my head, and glared, wanting to slap him until his face turns as red as his hair.

"To the pile!? You're being freaking ridiculous!"

That's when his eyes turned to stone and walked over to me slowly, only brewing the anger in the air. He was playing with fire.

Literally.

"Oh am I? " He raised an eyebrow at me as I crossed my arms against my chest.

Fire was burning up inside of me.. Turning into an untamable rage.

"Yeah you are! If I ever lied to you, it was because I couldn't tell you the truth!"

"Because you don't trust me." His voice hard turned montone and I just couldn't bloody stand it when he backed away a few inches, and I could feel more than just the distance he was making between us.