I was interrupted from my thoughts by the beeping of the oven, it was six-twenty already. I rushed wore oven mitts and took out the casserole from the oven.

It was loaded with cheese and looked delicious. I took out a big bite out of it because I couldn't resist myself from not eating it, besides it was just a bite.

I took the first bite using a fork and man! It was delicious! As always! I finished it in no time and couldn't praise my grandma enough for it. I couldn't wait to eat the whole thing up for dinner.

As I made my way back to the room, I had a quick glance at the living room's clock. Shit. It was six-thirty! I had plans to meet with Asher at six-thirty today, I forgot about it. 

I quickly took out my phone and shot Asher a message saying that I won't be able to make it and I was extremely sorry.

He read the message but didn't reply, he's never done that, did I upset him that much? Whatever maybe the reason he always replies to me.

I called him up because this was very unusual of him. Guess what? He didn't answer the call. I tried four times but he didn't pick the call once and all this made me more nervous.

I quickly texted Debbie and asked her if she had talked to Asher today, after school. After a minute my phone pinged and flashed a notification: Debs (1 new message)

I quickly opened our chat:

Debbie: Yeah, I talked to him.

Me: When?

Debbie: Like 15 mins ago, y? Is everything okay?

 Me: Yeah, I'll explain it to you later, nothing to worry about..

I kept the phone aside and thought to myself, he talked to her meaning everything was okay and obviously meant that he was upset with me. God, really! Why did he have to act like that? He was being dramatic again!

I gave him a good reason about why I couldn't make it. My grandma and grandpa had last minute plans; my dad won't be home before ten, so I had to stay in.

After making a whole speech of what I'll say to him in my head for about an hour, I started to do some internal assignments which had to be submitted by Monday.

Only four days were left before graduation and the closer we got to graduation, the closer we got to the prom date.

Me, Asher and Debbie had mostly applied to the same colleges and universities. But we were uncertain of ending up together in the same college or university. We really hoped that we did.

Grandma and grandpa already left one hour ago. 

I got done with my assignments, around seven-ish and straight away called up Debbie to explain to her about my texts. She too found Asher's behavior quite odd.

Yes, he may be dramatic but he would never do that. Debbie told me that he might be busy with something. There could be endless possibilities as to why he didn't pick up my calls or reply to my texts, so I gave him the benefit of doubt and let him off the hook for the time being.

I decided to talk to him personally about it when we had school.

                                                                                     - ♡ -

Author's Note:

Hey!

You did it again! :)

You know the drill, make sure to vote the chapter if you enjoyed reading it!

Share it with your friends and family cuz, why not?

Also, Asher isn't replying to Katelyn's texts or answering her calls! Why is he doing that? Any guesses? Stay tuned to know the reason!

Much love,

Sofie Scott ❤️

                                                                                      -

                                                                                      - ♡ -