Chapter-25

Wednesday came. I was back home, sitting in my room and just thinking.

To be honest, I never really felt this sad and this happy before. The past two weeks have been an emotional roller coaster for me. I mean... I feel like I have experienced all emotions in these two weeks. Betrayal, sadness, happiness, gratitude and probably love.

But hey, I'm not complaining and I wouldn't change a thing. This has somehow changed me in some ways. I have never talked about whatever I have gone through with anyone, but now, I don't give a shit about what other people think about my situation or experiences.

I mean it feels good to share without giving a damn about the consequences. I mean it's so refreshing, both mentally and emotionally.

Nicole, Claire and I decided to go for prom dress shopping tomorrow. Prom was very near and we had nothing to wear. While we were discussing shopping, we also decided about where we'll meet and who'll be in charge of what.

So, as per the plan, we had to meet at my house at five to get ready. Nicole had already booked a hairdresser who would be at my house before five and Claire took care of the makeup artist. Ryan arranged a photographer to take our pictures. The boys would be there to pick us up by six.

So, we will be on time and reach exactly at seven. Prom was taking place at a big hall which would be decorated according to the theme, which was 'Red Carpet'.

I can't wait for prom, I mean it will be the last time we all will be together, after that everyone will be off to colleges and universities. This is kind of sad but an inevitable part of life, so I'm going to enjoy that day as much as I can.

Ryder's POV

Yesterday was amazing, I mean I think that I connected with Katelyn on a different level and it's not only because of the kiss we had or anything. I connected with her because whatever she was going through, I could somehow relate to it.

She told me that she had trust issues, well so do I. I mean, I just don't know what I will tell her about my complicated family. I have just told her a small piece about it.

Also, I never really was able to tell her what attracted me to Aubrey in the first place. I know she will want to know that soon. I mean, she is the one who is telling me everything about her past no matter how much it hurts her. I was there with her and she looked like she was broken.

A girl who has lost her mom, somehow her dad and all trustworthy friends. My situation is the same in some ways but somehow different and I don't know how to tell her that.

I really, really like her, I really do. But, I have difficulty in opening up about it too and to be honest none of my friends know about this. But I think she should, she has opened up to me about everything she has gone through and here I am.

I have to be a better person for her. I mean she also overcame all her trust issues and I know how hard it is to talk about your toxic or different family with anyone.

I have to make this right.

I picked up my phone and decided to call her but then I heard my doorbell ring. It must be Josh and Ryan, we had decided to hang out at my place. Guess I'll call her later.

In no time they were both in my room and sat on the bean bags.

"So, you and Katelyn?" Josh elbowed me as he chuckled.

"It was something that we didn't expect to happen that day. I never knew that you guys would start a make out session when me and Claire were decorating the terrace." Ryan smirked.

"We were just kissing. It wasn't a make out session for God's sake." I explained myself even though I should've let that go.

"So, what was Katelyn doing on top of you?" Josh laughed.

"Shut up man!" I rolled my eyes and Ryan laughed.

But remembering her lips on mine, her waist fitting right in my hands and the way she gripped my hair. The thought alone made me sweat.

"What's up?" Josh casually asked me.

"Nothing." I replied, I mean what else would I say? I'm fantasizing about my girlfriend? Wait, Katelyn is not my girlfriend yet. Where do we stand? I should ask her that when I meet her.

"So, what do we do today?" Ryan asked.

"Let's just chill and do nothing. Scroll through our phones all day." Josh replied as he stared at his phone.

"Sounds good to me." Ryan started to text someone.

"I'll be back, you guys want something to eat?" I asked them.

"Nah, I'm good." Josh replied.

"Me too." Ryan added.

"Okay then." I headed out of the room. I went to the living room to find Miranda, our house keeper. She was a middle aged woman, she has been here since I was like seven. Not only that but she's the kindest person I've ever known.

"Looking for something?" I heard Miranda behind me.

"Yeah, can you give my friends some snacks? They're in my room" I asked her.

"Of course dear!" She smiled.

"Thanks, I would've done it myself but I have to call someone up." I told her.

"No problem at all." She left to get the snacks.

I asked Miranda to give them snacks because I know those guys. They'll say no for one minute and will be rummaging through the pantry the very next.

I went to the guest room and decided to call Katelyn, I had to. I had to meet her and tell her everything. I don't want to keep any secrets from her. It's time for her to know whatever that I've kept hidden from everyone.