Chapter-29

"Don't you wanna know anything about Aubrey and me?" He asked, his head was still laying on my chest and his hand was still wrapped around me. My hand was still in his hair and the other one was rubbing his back.

I want to know about him and Aubrey, of course. What I really want to know is how a sweet guy like him fell for a bitch like her. The thought of them together made me roll my eyes.

"What are you thinking?" He looked up to see what took me so long to reply to that question.

"You want to know the truth?" I asked.

"Of course!" He replied.

"I was thinking about how a sweet guy like you, fell for a bitch like her."

"Jealous, much?" He smirked.

My lips made a big 'o' shape, "Hey, I'm not jealous. A little maybe, but you don't have any right to call anyone jealous."

"Really?" He chuckled.

"Well, obviously! Considering the fact that you were the one who was almost about to beat the shit out of Asher at the mall on our first date." I smirked.

"Hey, he deserved it!" He exclaimed.

"Yeah, yeah." I chuckled and continued before the topic could change, "So, tell me about you and Aubrey then."

"Okay, so. I met her through a common friend, do you know Jace?" He asked.

"Yeah, of course, do you know Emma? She's my friend and they're kind of going out.." I replied.

"So, you know him. Well, he kind of knows some people in Aubrey's circle. So one day he just asked me if I would be interested in dating Aubrey because apparently she was single." He said.

"Did you not know about her? Like you know she kind of has that 'mean girl' reputation. Almost everyone knows her at school."

"I did know about her 'reputation' " He replied and continued, "But I guess it was worth a shot. I had never met her before so I thought why should I judge her based on everyone's opinion."

"Sounds like you." I smiled and he smiled back.

"So, what happened next?" I asked.

"So, Jace set us up and I first met with her at school lunch." He facepalmed.

"First date at school and that too during lunch." I giggled.

"Well, don't blame me. It was Jace's idea and I would've met her elsewhere but of course he told her friends before asking me."

I laughed and he rolled his eyes.

"Okay moving on!" He finally said suppressing a smile that came onto his face.

"Yup moving on." I smiled.

"So, I never really knew she would use me as a bounce back and I was stupid enough to overlook that. With her by the way, I was always at parties and drinking. Even though I didn't enjoy it much, it was important to her." He looked up at me.

"You okay?" He asked. He's the one who's pouring his heart out and asking me if I am okay.

"I'm okay, are you though?" I asked.

"Yup, just wanted to make sure." He replied and continued, "So, she was into parties and all that. The only thing that kept me around was that she once told me that her dad kind of put a lot of pressure on her. Like to get good grades, to be more social and everything."

"Why did he want her to be more social?" I asked. I mean a lot of parents want their children to score well but they never put pressure on them to be more social.