Prologue

Let me start where I first started remembering the events of my life. I cannot recall anything before I was captured, but all I know is that I was captured by the "police." I was put in an iron bar cell which was very old. The walls and the ceiling were falling apart and I could almost feel the ground beneath my feet collapsing but that was just an illusion because it was so soft. They posted two guards just outside my cell, although I don't know why. All I knew at this point was that I needed to escape.

The sound of gunfire started to come into focus from a long silence and the guards started to look panicked. The "Warden" came into the room, relieved the two guards that were posted there and opened my cell, which wasn't locked.

"We need to get out of here, this building is under attack!"

-From what?? Who are you? For that matter, who am I??

"There's no time to explain. I'm taking you to my office. There's a piece of technology there that you will need to survive."

We exited the cell block and walked, well ran, down the hallway to his office. As the door opened, I heard what sounded like odd sounding explosions. Since time was short, I paid no mind to it. On the wardens desk was what I needed. The tech looked unimportant, that is it looked unimportant until he picked it up and it started glowing. Its shape was that of a six-sided diamond with an elongated point.

"Here, place it on your chest and press the button on the side."

-What is this?? What's it going to do?

"There is NO time! You MUST do as I say!"

I placed the device on my chest and pressed the button on the side just as the warden suggested, it dug into my chest and part of it vanished. The rest stayed and fused with my skin. I felt nothing as a skin tight filament surrounded my body, making a full-bodied suit. I felt a sharp jab in the back of my neck as I started to receive information about what was going on. There was a terrorist group titled "Seige," who were the people attacking the base. Just as the data had finished downloading into my head, the door blasted open.

A mechanical suit figure walked in and shot the warden with some sort of laser weapon. He turned toward me and the marking on his suit triggered a reaction in my suit as it took control of me, leaped over the Seige terrorist and raised my right arm. Somehow, it spawned a laser cannon from the suit's structure and shot the terrorist, killing him and almost blowing him up. It was at that point that the suit turned to the door and ran out, blasting holes into the concrete in front of me until finally I was out of the compound. The suit said "activating hyper mode" and started running at speeds that I never knew were possible to achieve on foot. As it was running, it activated another memory cluster which was so big, it knocked me unconscious.

When I came to, I was in a completely different area, and lying down. A rather large suited person walked into my field of view and pointed a gun at me.

"Are you Chris Kessler?"

-Who wants to know?

The suit must have uploaded some sort of programming to me because I never intended to say what I did, I just spoke without hesitation.

"Seige wants to know! Now answer!"

I kept silent as I was lying there, on purpose this time. I saw an energy pulse from his weapon start building up and I thought that would be the end.

I closed my eyes waiting for the end when all I heard was this loud CLINK. I opened my eyes and the gun was no longer pointing toward me. In the split instance, the suit said "manual control re-established." In a fast motion, I tripped the figure standing over me, knocking him down. I then thought about that gun the suit had made on my right arm and it re-appeared. I pointed it at the person, now lying on the ground, and fired the laser, piercing his suit and killing him. In the time it took me to do that, another person walked into the room. Somehow I managed to recognize him and I instantly knew his name; John. He walked up to me as I turned toward him. I knew he wasn't a threat by the way he was walking up.