Chapter 20

Stacie POV

"Hey I'm here!" I yelled as I walked through the front door of Beca and Jesse's house.

"Hey, Amali is playing GTA with Jesse and the other two are being your exact mini me in Bella's room." Beca said.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"They seriously never stop talking about boys, nails, hair and all that crap. It's insane. Poor Amali though-"

"What happened to Amali?"

"Ember and Bella tend to leave her out a lot. I don't even think they realise when they do it." Beca explanied. I thought about for a second. What would I have done if I had a deaf sister? I would've been a total ass and never let her hang out with my friends.

"I didn't even realise, what do I say to Ember?" I asked Beca eagerly.

"Tell her that she can't always leave Amali out, she's a person too. I'm not saying  she should do everything with her, just include so she doesn't feel so left out. I know what its like to feel like all the girls hate you because of who you are so I don't want Amali ending up like me. Getting hated in high school made me really bitchy and I don't like the person I was." Beca explained to me.

"I'll talk to her tonight." I said before walking to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"Stacie, I also have something else to tell you." Beca gestured for me to come over to her. I walked over and asked what was it that she wanted to tell me.

"Well, I haven't told anybody yet, but, I'm pregnant!" She whispered. I slapped my hand over my mouth to cover up my squeal.

"How far along?!" I whispered yelled.

"3 and a half months. I'm only just starting to show. She lifted her shirt up to show her tiny belly. I hugged her and gave my congratulations.

"When are you gonna tell Jesse?" I asked curiously.

"Tonight I'm going to tell everyone else tonight, after dinner."

"Oh Beca I'm so happy for you!" I gave her another hug.

Later that night...

Beca POV

"Thanks for dinner Becs" Jesse said and pecked my forehead.

"No problem." I smiled. "I have an announcement to make so can everyone come to the loungeroom?"

"Yep" Stacie said, beaming a smile from ear to ear. Everyone slumped into the lounge and I took a deep breath. 'Now or never.' I thought.

"Okay, uhm, brace yourselves people.. because I'm, uhm," I stuttered. "I'm uh-"

"PREGNANT!" Stacie yelled. I gave her the 'wtf' eyes and she giggled.

"Oh my god congratulations!" Ember screamed and plunged into my arms.

"Beca, this is awesome!" Jesse grabbed my face and kissed me.

"Wait- am I getting a sister or a brother?" Bella asked. "Cause I kinda want a sister, and by that I mean I definitely want a sister." Bella gave me a hug.

"I'm only 3 and a half months along so I'm not quite sure yet but you'll be the first to know when I find out."

"Congratulations, words can't explain how happy I am for you." Amali signed and hugged me. Stacie squealed.

"We should go shopping!"

"The baby isn't even the size of a biscuit yet Stac, and we don't know if its a boy or girl so I think the shopping can wait." I explained.

"Agreed." Amali said. Stacie, Ember and Bella sighed.

1 MONTH LATER

Beca POV

"And it looks like you're having a baby boy! Congratulations  Mr and Mrs Swanson." The doctor said. 

"Thank you so much." I said before the doctor left the room.

"Bella's not gonna be happy!" Jesse laughed.

4 MONTHS LATER

"And one more big push Beca, come on!" The nurse yelled as I squeezed Jesse's hand even harder. I heard the loud cry of my newborn baby as the relief washed over me.

"And it's a boy! Congratulations Beca."

"Stac, will you do the honors?" I asked as the doctor handed her the scissors to cut the cord.

"I'd be happy to." She smiled and cut the cord. The doctors gasped.

"Wow, why did I just have another contraction?" I asked, worried.

"Beca, there's another baby in there! I'm gonna need you stay calm and do your lamaze breathing."

After two more contractions the doctors asked me to start pushing again. I pushed more and more and finally another high pitched crying sound filled the air.

"And this one's a girl! Congratulations on your twins Beca!"

"But how could I not have known, how could the doctors not have known?" I asked the midwife.

"Sometimes the twins can hide behind each other. Happens more often than you think." The midwife explained.

"Anybody special to cut this one's cord?" The nurse asked. I looked at Jesse and jerked my head towards the nurse.

"I'd be honored Becs." He took the scissors and cut the cord. The doctors wrapped up both babies and handed them to me. I looked down at both of them.

"They're so beautiful." I cried. 

"Any names picked out?" The nurse asked.

"Uhm, Jesse, you can pick the boys names." I said.

"Riley Dylan Swanson, just like we wanted." I nodded and took a deep breath.

"Asher Lee Swanson." I said. I didn't even know where it came from, I just knew that it was right.

"I love it." Jesse kissed my forehead.

"Can I hold him?" Jesse asked. I nodded as he picked up Riley, a blue checkered blanket was wrapped around his tiny body. I looked down at Asher. A baby pink blanket surrounded her and a little ladybug decal was stamped in it. She was beautiful.

"She looks just like you, Bel." I said as Bella, Ember and Amali walked in. Their eyes went back and forth from me to Jesse.

"TWINS?!" They asked simultaneously. I nodded and grinned.

"They're beautiful Beca, congratulations." Stacie said.

"Jesse, wanna hold Asher too?" I asked. He nodded as Stacie helped lift Asher onto Jesse's arm. The look on his face was priceless. It was the same look as when he held Bella for the first time.

Honestly, my babies are the only true example of love at first sight.