Prologue

My name is Emison Johnathan, I'm 28 years of age, female, I've got shoulder length black hair and green eyes, the year is 2620 and I work as a waitress at a gathering place called Renegades, what historians called a bar, watering hole etc. The AI owner luckily still hired humans to work for him saying our emotions were entertaining. The world is a lot different, aliens exist and made their presence known on the New Years Eve of 2199. A war broke out and the aliens gained their own sector's to occupy and the remaining humans did what they could to survive in peace with them. Surprisingly the aliens looked a lot like us, at least the friendly ones did. This tale isn't completely about them though, you see the aliens helped the remaining humans to create sophisticated AI so sophisticated that they started to become companions of the uber rich and worked for the alien military. Like all new tech, they became affordable to the common consumer over the years. They were created for everything, from caretakers to sexual partners. The weird thing is, you could order them to your own kink preferences. So duplicates of famous people were everywhere, from movie stars to music idols, including fantasy creatures from the big screen and books. They were so well made it was hard to tell the difference from real humans. Only way to tell was a laser light flashed into their eyes exposing a red shine, or exposing them to really hot conditions, because they can't sweat. Oh and they recharged themselves by doing what they were created for. Caretakers got recharged by taking care of others or being shown care. The sex ones had to have a weekly fling and trust me they knew their job well. There are several that frequently came to Renegades just to find a recharge for the night because their original owners had gotten old or died during the second earth war of 2421. They became free of the contract obligations and the family members didn't want them destroyed. There were a lot of AI's without ownership and they wandered around like regular normal humans. Anyhow this is my story of how I discovered the AI evolving, learning to have human emotions and ultimately falling into love.