"Okay," Chris spoke when they were both standing outside, the night air wafting through the thin fabric of their clothes, "Mr Full-of-ideas, where to now?"

"Where else?" Hoseok grinned at the stunning woman in front of him, "Our place."

And he was so glad to see the smile settle in her lips, the way her hand lost it's tension and seemed to cradle his fingers more comfortably. Because she knew what he meant, she knew where 'their place' was, too.

--

This evening, the pair strolled along the edges of the park, every once in a while stealing glances at the other. Interwoven fingers, hands swinging slowly between the two, not needing to speak, because a simple look, the slightest change in body language was already a conversation.

Hoseok thought back to the past week, and how he had never believed the notion that Chris had done something that terrible to him. How it was so easy for him to move on and find himself loving her again. How he realised he loves her.

"In ten minutes, everything could look so different," he thought aloud this time, squeezing her hand and turning ever so slightly, "Like the colour of a sunset, or my world after meeting you."

Blinking, Chris froze. The pull on Hoseok's hand made him stop too.

"Hoseok-"

"It's true," he offered her a small smile, "I don't think I've ever felt this way toward anyone else, I need you to know that. You make me proud, you're such a wonderful woman, and I want to be able to tell you that every day."

"Hoseok," he heard her voice shake, and without thinking, he let go of her hand to pull her to him, wrapping his arms around her waist, "Hoseok, you don't mean that-"

"Listen to me," his voice was soft in her ear, as he rested his chin on her shoulder, "You've achieved so much, and you're continuing to accomplish wonders every day. You've built yourself up to where you stand now, through tears, through scars, through so much pain. And through it all, your heart still shines bright," slowly, he felt her arms that were just resting by his, rise to ring themselves around his shoulders as she buried her head in his neck. "I know I can't get you to look at yourself the way I see you instantly, but I cannot wait for you to recognise the woman you see in the mirror for who she is; incredible."

"Thank you, Hoseok," her voice was muffled in his neck, but the way it bounced through his skin, jumping around in his ribcage set his heart alight. "I needed to hear that more than you know."

"I don't know if you could tell, Chris," Hoseok took a deep breath, "I'm crazy for you."

When she pulled away, he felt a great warmth escape him.

"What?"

Biting his lip, he fixed his gaze on her, "I really like you, Chris. I'm falling for you. Like first-time-falling-for-someone-this-hard, kinda falling."

"Hoseok."

"I just wanted to let you know. If you don't-"

"Hoseok, I like you too," she cut him off, "Like a lot. I'm not as good with words as you are, but if I could write you a whole novel on how you make me feel like the luckiest person in the world, I would."

It was his turn to be surprised this time. And when Chris saw his eyes close in disbelief, she slowly brought her hands from the back of his neck, rubbing his cheek with her thumb.

"Being with you is so magical, Hoseok," she whispered, "I swear my insecurities, my problems, all dissolve in the radiance you emanate so freely."

When he opened his eyes this time, he really did see his entire world. His own universe. His own sun that the garden in his heart would forever bloom to.

He didn't want to say anything; he didn't want to do anything that may interrupt that moment.

"Chris," leaning forward, he rested his forehead against hers, "Will you go out with me?"

Her head tipped back, a loud laugh slipping from her mouth, "Sunshine," she cupped his cheeks now, meeting his eyes again, "You don't even have to ask. Yes, yes please."

"

okay, help, i really wanted to just put the 🥺 emoji so many times in this chapter :(

anyway how are you guys!! i just came back from my trip and i'm so sad to write the ending to this story :') only a couple chapters left guys!!