8. B R O N T I D E

Brontide(n.) The low rumble of distant thunder

_______

"14th APRIL, 2020.

You thought that I had fallen asleep after you beat me black and blue in the dungeon but you were wrong, my senses were alive... I could feel and hear the despair and pain looming in these dirty walls of the dungeon, And that is when I heard the distant footsteps of someone walking in, I could smell the person very clearly, my eye sight was dull but my nostrils could pick up the traces of scent and stench all over the dungeon, 

Alpha Draco it was, I could feel his bulky self crouching down next to me and that is when I felt a teardrop on my scrapped cheek, he was perhaps weeping. I so desperately wanted to wipe off his tears but I couldn't...I was weak, every night someone would come down perhaps an Omega and treat my wounds in secret after which I would trail off to write because writing out has always been my only choice at forgetting the hell you have been putting me through. 

'I am so sorry, child...' He wept. 

'I wronged your mother and Now, I couldn't protect you...' He sniffled. 

'I was away for the last two weeks with my father....and I had asked Thalia to clean up your wounds if he hurts you and notify me but for some reason she could not contact me and look at what...what happened to you.....I am so sorry....' He cried as I felt his rough fingers rub healing ointment on my arm and ankles, his weeping did not cease. 

'You know,  when Aries was a child...I desperately tried to be a father but for some reasons unknown to me...He just wouldn't agree on spending time with me...He would always cling on to his mother...and look where it landed us...' He spoke through tears, I felt my shut eyes well up and some teardrops cascading down my bruised cheeks.

'Tomorrow, I will get you out of here.' He promised. And with that, he pressed a fatherly kiss on my forehead and stalked out of the cell. For the first time in the last few months, I felt loved and cared for..."

Aries read silently the page silently, her choppy handwriting was hard to read but he could still make out the words- he realized that his mother had not only wronged his mate but also had wronged his father,

'She woke up!' His wolf suddenly yipped in his head, 

'what?' he asked.

'Cassie, my mate woke up!' his wolf spoke and he wagged his tail in his head, 

Aries' eyes twinkled as he rushed out of the room to meet his mate.