Chapter_39.TheInvestigation/mdcrk

//Search.AlertAlarm.#873640

Subject Found: Soares, Paul, Jr. 

//Display.ArchivedData.#007

Data Found. Point of view created.

I woke up sprawled out on the Town Hall floor for some reason, my head pounding fiercely. As I wondered why I was on the floor, suddenly my memories came flooding back to me. I remembered Blame, and the gas canister sound, and everything going dark. But what happened after that?

I took in my surroundings. The Town Hall was in ruins. It was evident that there was a struggle of some kind. Everyone seemed to be here, though they were in a similar position to the one I was in. No one seemed to be missing, I counted the group we were fighting out on the border, and all the Mindcrackers-Wait.

I discovered that the number was off, we were down some Mindcrackers. What had happened to them? Most were here, but Bitsy was missing again, and...Where was Etho, Sevadus, and Millbee?

My head throbbed again, forcing me to wince and clutch it in pain. I reached out for my hat which had somehow been flung a bit aways, and tried to quickly make a plan.

Obviously something had gone terribly wrong here, but what had happened exactly? It seemed as if someone had broken into the Town Hall, and some fighting happened, but there were just so many questions.

I decided to wake up Guude and try to discuss the situation with all the others in the Hall after everything was taken under control. I slowly rose, pain striking my forehead and lingering as I attempted to hobble to the head of the huge table situated in the Town Hall.

Guude had managed to somehow fall back into his chair instead of on to the floor, his diamond helmet and chest plate still on, and his emerald sword still sheathed. He didn't seem to be hurt, at least any more than he was after the battle earlier. I quickly strode over to where he was sprawled out unconscious in his chair, and swiftly gripped his shoulders, attempting to shake him awake.

He awoke nearly immediately, his eyes snapping open and nearly instantly focusing on me. I saw him twitch in pain for just a moment, then regain his composure. As Guude was just about to speak though, I heard a pained groan from behind me.

I spun around, seeing that CaptainSparklez was sitting up from wear he lay on the floor, his red sunglasses laying fairly far away from wear he was. He rubbed his eyes, adjusting to the light, before taking in his surroundings similarly to how I had.

Deciding that he would be fine, I refocused my attention to Guude, who, unbeknownst to me, had risen from where he was sitting. I then stood by his side, determining to not brake the silence that hung between us.

I caught sight of Guude's face, seeing that he was taking in the wreckage that was the Town Hall. His jaw dropped and he croaked out a little strangled sound, his arms falling limply to his sides. A moment later though, he had recomposed himself and turned to me, his face a mixture of anger and determination. Then he spoke, his voice strong and commanding, though I could tell from experience that he was upset and afraid.

"What happened here?"