chapter 60 ~ 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅'𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆

Start from the beginning

     "I'm sorry, angel."

     "D-Don't apologize. It's not-"

     "Hey."

     Yoongi and I turned to find Jungkook peering into the office, his head poked through the opening of the sliding door with wide, sparkling eyes. He glanced back-and-forth between us both, his brow furrowed in concern as he made to step inside.

     "Yumin-ah, are you-"

     "I'm okay," I sniffled, backing out of Yoongi's embrace as I quickly wiped away my tears. "I-I'm alright."

     Yoongi stepped forward to pull me back against him, hiding my face from view as he addressed his younger boyfriend. 

      "Can you give us a sec? We'll be out in a few minutes."

     "Yeah. Yeah, of course. I just wanted to let you know that Sejin texted me and I need to go pick up an outfit real quick. I'll be gone less than two hours."

     "Sejin- Oh-Okay. Text me when you're on your way home."

     "I will, hyung. I love you." I listened as Jungkook hesitated, exhaling heavily through his nose. "I love you, angel."

     Expecting my voice to shake, I only nodded, digging my nails into Yoongi's hips as I fought off more tears. The brunet's arms tightened around my waist as he offered an apologetic, "We love you too," before the maknae backed out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

_

     "Can I use your phone?"

     "Huh? Why?"

     "Because mine's dead. Please? I just need it for a second."

     Sejin looked skeptical but eventually reached into the inner pocket of his suit to retrieve his phone. Rachel snatched it from his hand, looking him up and down before taking a few steps down the hall for some privacy. Her plans reeled about in her head, a sly smirk painted on his pale lips as she quickly scrolled through Sejin's contacts until her gaze rested on Jungkook's name.

     She sent a few quick texts, waiting for him to reply before closing out of the messaging app and handing the device back to the older man. Sejin scrunched his nose beneath his mask, nodding his head in acceptance before they made their way to the elevator doors.

     "How long will you be gone for?"

     "At least a month." Rachel glanced at Sejin out of the corner of her eye, running a hand through her short, fluffy hair. "I need to go back to Busan for two weeks or so, then I'm heading to Japan. My sister wanted me to visit for a bit; something important."

     Sejin didn't reply, only stepped forward when the elevator chimed its arrival, the metal doors shuddering open to let them inside the cramped box. Rachel padded in beside him, hitting the button for the bottom floor as they both made to leave their work for the day. She was lucky she was able to put in vacation time with so little notice. Now that BigHit allowed her time off for the next few weeks, tonight was the perfect night to put her plan into motion. 

      Rachel couldn't help but smirk to herself; oh, how proud Yura would have been if he knew. After all, she did take a little after him.

_