tEn: Zombie Movie Marathon

'I'm home!' I yell once I enter the house.

'No yelling!' My mother shouts from the kitchen. I go in and smile at her.

'How else will you know that I have arrived if I don't yell?' I question her and she looks up from the magazine she was reading and scoffs.

'Trust me with the way you open the door sweetheart. I'll always know it's you.' 

'What's that supposed to mean.'

'Nothing love. How was school today, are your friends still coming over?' She changes the subject. I sigh and sit down. I don't know how she will take the news of Chad going to my new school. She doesn't like him at all. No one knew about the bullying until after that incident happened.

'Yes my friends are still coming over. School wasn't interesting. I handed in my English assignment, Chad learns there now, and I got a new book from the library.' Her eyes go wide and she puts her magazine down.

'Chad is transferring to your school. What the hell is he doing here in Miami.' She says, her face turning pink. Oh no, maybe I shouldn't have told her.

'I don't know really. But it's okay mom, I'm not fazed by this I've moved on.' That is an absolute lie. But I can't have her worrying, I'll find a way to deal with my demons.

'Are you sure hun, we can look for another school for you.' I quickly shake my head at that thought.

'No! I can't leave Kimberly and Jake, you know how hard it is for me to make new friends mom.' 

'Okay Liv, if you say you'll be fine then I believe you.' She smiles and I almost feel guilty for lying to her, but I remind myself it's for the best.

'I better go get ready for my friends, we will be in my room.'

'With the boy?' She questions and I laugh.

'You don't have to worry about Jake at all mom. He's cool.' She gives me a short mhmm before continuing with her magazine.

I rush up the stairs to change into my movie-watching-onesie. It's black with bunny ears on it. I put snacks in my room and prepare the zombie movies that we are going to watch and when I'm done I sit on my bed and patiently wait for them. I'm not going to lie this is my first ever sleepover and I am super excited! My phone buzzes and I check to see a text from Jake saying that he's here.

I run down the stairs and yell that they are here. I hope my family doesn't scare them of. I open the door to see Jake holding an overnight bag and a packet of half eaten doritos. He's wearing a onesie that looks exactly like mine only his is bright pink.

I start laughing uncontrollably when I see my seventeen year old guy friend in an incredibly pink onesie.

'What?' He asks once I have calmed down.

'Only you would wear a pink onesie Jake.' I let him in and he shrugs.

'My mother got it for me I was skeptical at first, but it grew on me. Nice house by the way, is Kim here yet?' 

'Nope it's just you and me for now.' I say. I look up at him and he pats my head. I hate that he is tall and looks way older than me. I lead him into the kitchen and we sit down.

'Alright kid, want to finish these doritos with me whilst we wait for the goblin?' I smile.

'Indeed. Kim will kill you if she hears you call her that.'

'Call me what?' Kimberly enters the kitchen holding a bag and Amelia by her side. She is also wearing the same onesie but hers is red. I swear we didn't plan this.