Chapter 20

-Your POV-

"That means Light and Misa-Misa are cleared!" Matsuda responded.

I had worked on multiple cases in the past, but this one gets more and more confusing. This is exactly what I was fearing would happened, Light Yagami is cleared. Even though he threatened me, told me that he is in fact Kira, he has been cleared. 

I've observed Light since that 13 day rule was read out, and there's a sudden shift in behaviour again. Even the feel of him around seems different.

"We will no longer keep watch of Misa Amane, and the handcuffs will be removed immediately." L decided. 

"Ryuzaki, is it okay if I stay here and help with the investigation?" Light asked innocently.

"That will be fine."

Kira's killings have continued, even after Higuchi died. We now have no leads, nothing. 

"These killings started once Misa Amane was taken off of surveillance."

"Ryuzaki, are you still on about that?! Anyways, Asuki can we talk?" 

He used this exact same tone last time, my heart started racing. I couldn't deny though, he'd be suspicious of me. L looked over when he said those words, but he didn't show any reaction. 

"S-sure, let's go."

His nice self disappeared as soon as the door closed, we still walked in silence to my apartment. He clutched my hand tight, making sure I couldn't get away. He leaned into my ear and whispered,

"Y/N L/N, act natural. You will help me."

I head into my apartment, he locked the door behind him. I sat down on my bed, fidgeting with my fingers. I could barely cope, what was he going to do to me?

"I told you my plan would work." He began to laugh manically, my fingers moved before my mind did.

"Tell me, what is L's name?" He demanded, towering over me. 

I couldn't control the tears coming out from my terrified E/C eyes,

 "I-I'm sorry! I don't know."

I put my head to the dusty floor, I gasped. His hand pulled my face, forcing me to look into his glowing eyes. My breathe was heavy, he wiped the tears rolling down my now glossy cheeks. His lips met mine, I couldn't pull away. 

"Y/N, once you find out, you will be my goddess. Misa isn't going to survive that long, but you," he held my hands, "...your perfect. We will build a new world together, just you and me." He kisses me again, and tilts my chin up.

"Darling, if you don't find out L's name, I will not hesitate to kill you. However, if you do..." His evil grin overwhelmed the entire situation.

I pulled away, and tried to run out, but he blocked my way. I had suspects try to control me in the past, but Light Yagami, he's totally different.

"Y/N, you don't want to get killed do you? I could just get Rem to kill L for me anyway, your choice."

"I-I'll cooperate! Let me help you, don't involve the Shinigami!" I accepted. 

He gave me a tight hug, and I just froze, what could I do? I need to protect L, and myself, before Rem gets the chance to kill him.

"Let's head back, don't mention this to anyone." He warned me.

"I-I understand."