Chapter 9

-Your POV-

I walk into headquarters, more shocked than ever. 

Light Yagami.

"Oh Asuki, glad you could join us. Light will be helping us with the investigation. I believe his deductive skills will help us." L explains.

"Hey Asuki!" Light waves. 

"Oh, okay." I didn't like this. I'm sure Light is Kira, I can't let him get too close to L.

(Time skip!)

"Ryuzaki! The second Kira responded to our message." I exclaimed. 

He sat next to me and started it.

"Thank you Kira, I will try my best to help you. I want to meet you. I don't think you have the eyes, but don't worry, I won't kill you. We will confirm our identities by showing our Shinigami to each other."

L jumps, landing on me. I hold him, and my heart races.

"Are you okay!?" He ignores my question and sits back down, 

"Do Shinigami- exist?" He ponders on the thought for a few minutes.

"Shinigami can't exist, I mean, that's totally crazy! Maybe Shinigami is a code word or something." Light concludes. 

(Time skip to past Aoyama! I didn't feel the need to add that part in)

-Light's POV- 

"Is dad home?" I hear my sister, Sayu, say when the doorbell rings. 

A minutes later my mother calls me down, 

"There's a woman at the door for you Light!"

 Who is she?

"I'm Misa Amane." Her outfit is very put together, all black and revealing. 

She pulls something out, wait! A death note. I let my fingers feel it.

A shinigami! So this is the fake Kira...

"You can come in, mother will you make us some tea?" 

I led her to my room, and make sure to lock the door. 

"How did you know?" I demanded for an answer.

"I knew you didn't have the eyes, when you have Shinigami eyes, you can see people's names and lifespans. You can't see the lifespans of people that own a death note though." Misa explains.

It all makes sense now. 

"What if you were caught?"

"I wasn't though! And, I can become your eyes, I can find out L's real name for you."

(Slight time skip)

So she did this just because I killed the man who murdered her parents? She still doesn't fully get it, but after all, I have her death note. 

I can't let her live long.