Chapter 16

-L's POV- 

I don't understand what's going on here, now Light's character has changed, trying to convince me to let him out? The issue is that I somewhat believe him.

It is true that criminals have begun dying again, but it doesn't add up.

Y/N wouldn't lie about anything Light did to her, but then that would mean Light was lying to her. 

But that just makes no sense, he wouldn't have any personal gain threatening Y/N if he wasn't Kira.

I looked at the camera facing her cell. She was asleep, so beautiful. She usually smiles in her sleep, but tonight she wasn't. Her fingers began to fidget. She wasn't having a dream, but a nightmare.  

-Your POV-

I couldn't escape, Light Yagami, appearing in my sleep. Why can't he leave me alone? I can feel my hands fidgeting, but I can't get to them. 

"Y/N!" That voice is familiar, but Light Yagami's voice was louder, he claimed his victory as L clutched his chest. I screamed, trying my best to get out of these chains, then one by one, the task force fell to their deaths.

Movement in my hands comes back, my eye finally open, and there he is.

"Lawliet!" I jump up and hug him, which startles him.

"O-oh, I'm sorry..." 

He smiles and strokes my hair,

"That's alright Y/N. I actually wanted to discuss some of the case with you. I know you didn't want to be apart of it, but this has been confusing."

"O-Okay."

"Thank you, it stumbles me that criminals have begun getting killed again."

Criminals are getting killed again? Light hasn't had any access to broadcast or anything...

"...And, there's been a shift in Light's behaviour. He's been begging me to release him. Thoughts?"

He sits beside me on the cell bed, and he lays his head in my lap. I play with his hair, so soft. He stares up at me.

"Well, considering the amount of evidence we gained of Light being Kira, it's definitely confusing. This may sound crazy, but could Kira's power be passed onto someone else? I'm sure Light didn't attack me and tell me he's Kira for nothing..." 

Lawliet puts his finger in his mouth, 

"Your deduction skills always impress me, I was beginning to think that too, but I figured it was crazy."

He gets up, and goes to close the door behind him.

"Get some sleep Y/N," and with that, he's gone.