Chapter 1

Today was a big day. L has chosen me, of all people, to help him with this case. It's true that my deduction skills were quite high, that would explain it. I've solved many cases in the past, most were just petty criminals, but this one interests me. The Kira case. As much as I am thrilled, I'm also very anxious, I'm not typically the person to like meeting new people, which is why I worked alone. 

I throw on some casual clothes and head out of my apartment, an apartment assigned by L himself, as I've flown in from H/C. My phone vibrates in my pocket.

"Y/N, I've arranged Watari to pick you up in five minutes, be ready." The purr in his voice startles me. 

"Of course, thank you."

I knew that the car would be nice, but damn, this is a full on limousine! 

Japan's a nice country, I thought, as I watched the general public interact with each other through the windows.

A few minutes later a large building appears next to me, I guess that this is it, Watari opens the door,

"Thank you so much."

"My pleasure." He gives me a winkled smile.

As we head up to what would be the headquarters, my heart keeps thumping. What will they think of me? The thought keep rattling my mind, but I make sure not to let Watari know something's wrong.

"We are here."

The solid wooden door towers over me, I gulp as Watari does a significant knock.

"Hey Watar-! Who are you?" A cheerful man says as he opens the door.